Replay enemy movements - PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replay enemy movements - PBEM

This is an important feature that is missing in Civ3 and needs to be in cIV.

When you open the turn all you see is the state of your units, no report on what attacked you, how much damage they took or where they withdrew to. Even more worrisome sometimes is that a unit will pass through your field of visions but because they started and ended in a fog of war position you remain completely oblivious to their presence.

I would like battles and movements that you would normally be privvy to in a standard single player game be shown at the start of a turn. It could also be useful to have a replay option in the menu window in case you missed anything on first viewing.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Skippable, of course.
    Laziness must also be catered for.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yes, I think we can all agree that this is an option that needs to be added.
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

We could use the newspaper (if that was introduced) for that. Imagine this: "Civilization Chronicle, 1635 (turn 487): Our cities Tenochtitlan, Hamburg and New New York were attacked by the Zulus. Tenochtitlan was conquered, Hamburg held, New New York was destroyed. We lost 8 units with a combined fighting power of 42, they lost 13 units with a combined firepower of 37."

Comment

I was very disapointed when this feature was not in Civ3, but to be honest, it does add to the overall tension.
          I want some replay though, don't get me wrong, but wouldn't mind some of it being and remaining 'hidden'.
          Skippable, of course.
          Laziness must also be catered for.

Not in a PBEM game.
          Go beat up that said excuse for an AI if you really must be lazy
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Not for me personally, mind. I'm too lazy to even get in a PBEM in the first place. You just need to remember that not everyone who plays the game are as insane as we are.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If you aren't playing PBEM you wouldn't need or be shown a replay anyway.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
              X