Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this is what happened to the all-day-transformers-watching kids.

I have to admit, though, that i'd like civ4 to step into the future a bit...

Comment

There is talk in CFC about Giant death robots. We want to get rid of the 4 ages allready there and add new ones like steam,gas,atomic,fusion,anti matter, etc.
      This is not civ- this is not even Call To Power- this is not even Alpha Centauri.

This is like Mechwarror- it's not civ in any manner.

Is this forum even moderated? Much respect we'll get when the Firaxians come take a look...
      Master Zen- I agree.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I disagree with the subject of this thread.

What Civ4 really needs is hippies. Lots and lots of hippies. There can be tree-hugging hippies, pot smoking hippies, hippies with hemp smocks, and hippies with dreadlocks.
        Last edited by General Ludd; June 30, 2004, 15:43.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

AND there should be FOUR Hippie ages!

Paleo-Hippy
          Classic-Hippy
          Gen-X-Hippy
          Neo-Hippy
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

What about the Moose riders? Why do Camels and Horses get all of the attention?

Hmm, I don't recall any midget nations either...and they could ride wolves. Also, I was in the video store the other day and there was a movie for sale called "Ankle Biters." It was about Dwarf Vampires who find a legendary sword that will allow them to recreate extinct Shaq-sized vampires. This should really be in Civ4 as I am 99.9% sure it was a documentary, or at least based on a true story.

-Drachasor
            "If there's a child on the south side of Chicago who can't read, that matters to me, even if it's not my child. If there's a senior citizen somewhere who can't pay for her prescription and has to choose between medicine and the rent, that makes my life poorer, even if it's not my grandmother. If there's an Arab American family being rounded up without benefit of an attorney or due process, that threatens my civil liberties. It's that fundamental belief -- I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper -- that makes this country work." - Barack Obama

Comment

Civ should start way earlier with dinosaurs.
              In fact Firaxis should abandon civ entirely and start working on a game with dinosaurs
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Hippy dinosaurs.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Giant Death Hippy Dinosaurs

Comment

DINOSUARS?!?!?!

FOOLS!!!!

Dinosaurs are made of weak weak flesh!

Do you want a lumbering ugly weak-ass piece of crap walking around with the brain the size of a walnut or do you want a smooth sleek strong and perhaps even superintelligent Giant Death Robot?
                    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

I'd take a lubering ugly weak-ass piece of crap walking around with the brain the size of a walnut over a Giant Death Robot any day.

Giant Death Robots are:
                      - Giant
                      - Death
                      - Robot

those three are three very good arguments against the sake of the Giant Death Robot.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                        Considering I've had a hymen in my avatar for over a year now, not really.
                        Ah, confession. Now you're dead Repent before it's too late.

You might as well have an uterus, too
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                          Ah, confession. Now you're dead Repent before it's too late.

You might as well have an uterus, too
                          ACtually I mentioned the hymatar (made by Zylka, btw) in various threads before and no one really cared.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Naokaukodem
                            I admit this is a tempting idea...

but it ain't realistic.
                            Actually... the Army is always looking into some form of giant death spider with mega-death rays. Has been since the late 40s and early 50s.

Of course, back then, they were hoping that the death rays (IR, then changed to Microwave) would be good quick death, but no luck.

Still, the Army is always looking into legged vehicles. For crossing a wider variety of terrain.

And Robotics/un-manned vehicles are already being used. Air Force is going full tilt into intelligent, armed, fighting drones. The Army and Navy are interested in catching up... send in remote piloted and fully autonomous robots to the places you expect to get the worst end of the stick, save that valuable trained brain for use later.

So, maybe not V-Tech/Macros death robots, but death dealing drones are hear already. And bigger and meaner things aren't far out... Next 5 to 25 years is going to be very interesting.
                            -Darkstar
                            (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

I was gonna mod the dinosaurs into the game with genetic engineering but I got bored and never bothered.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Why build a giant robot when you can launch its araments on an ICBM or field an army for a fraction of the cost?

Just get some scriptkiddie to disable a few of its legs and the thing will collapse under its own weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X