Disbanding cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disbanding cities

You should get a settler or two workers from a disbandend city, after all, people just don't disappear in RL if a city is abandoned.

At the moment, isnt the only way to disband a city to build settlers/workers until you deplete the population anyway?

I'd have an option to grant a city independance. That is, the city remains the same size, but is given either to your hosen computer civ, or makes a brand new one, or perhaps goes to a "neutrals" civ.
    The sons of the prophet were valiant and bold,
    And quite unaccustomed to fear,
    But the bravest of all is the one that I'm told,
    Is named Abdul Abulbul Amir

Comment

How about an option

Like Russia during WW2

Scorched Earth, leave nothing behind.

All improvements sold for gold
      Tile mods pillaged
      faster movement for the "evacuees"

what say thou
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Pillaging tile improvements isnt a new function.

Razing cities is in civ3 iirc. If not, it should be.

Faster movement for evacuees? Whose units are they meant to be? Not yours, you haven't shown them any reason for them to like you. And not the enemies', as that gives them an extra advantage.

Comment

I forgot the part of all tiles at once to be pillaged (at a cost?)
          # # #

you haven't shown them any reason for them to like you. And not the enemies', as that gives them an extra advantage.

Yes, There should be some sort of penalty.
          If they get moved into another city, that cities morale to go done too (like being routed)

Makes you think harder and longer on your border cities ?

Comment

The problem with pillaging all the tile improvements in the ex-city's area is that it doesn't make sense. Given that each tile is a huge area (estimates hover around 100 miles across), it doesn't make sense for a tile to get pillaged unless a unit is physically on it to do the pillaging.

As for pillage a city and get settlers, people don't work like that. If anything, the population would get converted to barbarian guerillas, not workers for the pillaging civ.

Israel doesn't get any loyal workers each time it bulldozes a Palestinian house. Think, man, think.

Comment

Israel doesn't get any loyal workers each time it bulldozes a Palestinian house.

Couldn't agre with you more

But since when has Civ been based on the real world.
              There are many points in which the game does not mach the real world.

Thank you for you input

Comment

Just because parts of civ aren't realistic, is that any reason to deliberately make the game even less realistic, even to the point of being blatantly unrealistic?

Comment

Certainly you should get a unit of population when you compel your citizens to leave a city-but it should not be a settler unit- at best, it should be a new pop unit, refugee, that can only carry population between cities (no founding new cities). Refugees would appear anytime a city is under assault or gets razed or conquered.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Refugees, yes. I just don't think that any refugees that appear automatically as a result of a newly conquered city would be loyal to the conqueror.

Consider SMAX, where if humans conquered alien cities (or vice versa), refugees (settler type units) were generated, which were loyal to the original owning player.

Depending on tech, society, and city population, I'd allow either refugees (loyal to original owner) and/or guerillas (either as barbarians or loyal to original owner) to be spawned when a city si captured or razed.

Comment

Guerillas should opnly appear if a city is conquered and there is an active resistance to the new army. If you have razed the city, you have destroyed the base for guerillas by your action.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Good point GePap. I meant to say that, but it seems I was typing faster than teh speed of thought.

In my defence, I offer the fact that yesterday was over 32 degrees with saturation humidity and my air conditioner was playing up.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                          Certainly you should get a unit of population when you compel your citizens to leave a city-but it should not be a settler unit- at best, it should be a new pop unit, refugee, that can only carry population between cities (no founding new cities). Refugees would appear anytime a city is under assault or gets razed or conquered.

Comment

I like the refugee unit as well

Now the clarification on the timing

When a city is under attack only

By the time a city is conquered or razed, to me it is to late

anybody want 100 degree heat with moderate winds

will trade

Comment

Working...
                            X