Civilization specific Golden ages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization specific Golden ages

Thinking that the civ3 engine is fundamentally sound, I still think that the various civ-specific traits could use just a little more variance.

So in addition to the usual one extra gold and shield per tile during a golden age.

Scientific:
    Increase the chance of scientific leaders appearing to ten percent, culture from scientific buildings doubled

Militaristic:
    Increase the chance of Military leaders to 1/8 (1/6 with Heroic epic), one extra hitpoint for each unit

Agricultural:
    Food from city square increased by one

Commercial:
    Less corruption, one additional extra gold from city square

Industrial:
    Workers take one less turn to complete tile improvements, one extra shield from city square

Expansionist:
    Land units which have two in movement + workers and settlers, have movement increased by one

Religious:
    Two extra content citizens per city, culture from religious buldings doubled

Seafaring:
    Ship movement increased by one, one additional extra gold per coastal city square

These are only suggestions. Some might be unbalanced, while others might suffer from lack of imagination. I am especially unsure of the expansionist trait. Agricultural is such a strong trait, that I think one golden age benefit will suffice, and I could not think of another anyway.

Also consider what the effect would be on the AI civs. One would have to think twice about engaging a militaristic civ in its golden age for example.

I like it as well. Though some of those are very overpowered.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I think for religious and scientific, and increase in the culture created by their respective buildings, plus an extra bonus on their effectiveness would be great. But doubling is I think too far. I mena, think of the babylonians?

I like the greater possibility for MGL for military civs

For agricultural is looks fine, though is is weak really. Maybe 2 food.

all the others look fine.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
      X