Recommend City Pollution Managers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tripledoc
    I agree to the above regarding pollution from production.

One observation though. I have found that population and not production is the main source of pollution.

How is this to be implemented Moo2 style?

hi ,

well there are two types of pollution , one is building pollution , the other population , it depends what you have in the city , a huge city with no factory or powerplant will not have any building pollution , .....

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Still though, when the metropolis hits the 20 population (pop) mark, then pollution becomes a severe headache.

So I was wondering how pollution from pop could be implemented without having to clean tiles repeatedly.

One solution could be to have pollution from pop work against the amount of food collected from tiles.

In that case mass transit should be moved down the tech tree from where it currently is, one of the first techs in the modern era, to the industrial era.

If mass transit involves light rail in cities then that would be historically correct.

And that makes me wonder how mass transit actually removes pop pollution. How about reinstating sewage system instead? as an intermediary solution.

Comment

I'm all for reducing micromanagement, but I think what Flinx said earlier is valid. How does this really reduce micromanagement -- it sounds like one click or another -- same result.

It seems you are thinking about this idea in terms of theory, not gameplay. And regarding the theory, there are specialized teams that travel from state to another to clean polluion. The EPA has people on staff (government workers) and they outsource quite a bit of work to science and technology companies to solve these pollution/toxic problems. So the "centralized model" of this workforce is actually accurate.
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

One thing with pollution In CIVIII that it is a benefit for the warmonger. If you have a sufficiently large slave workforce then pollution is not damaging to the economy.

Comment

I vote for no pollution.

Comment

Working...
            X