Add in all the good features of SMAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add in all the good features of SMAC

Like the voting for planetary governor, buying of votes; diplomacy, getting other factions to stop a war;
    automatically expanding forests;
    global warming causes rising sea levels.

Probably it would be a good idea to make a list of all basic stuff that was in SMAC, but that was left out of Civ3. If I could, I would make such a list myself, but the problem is that I don't have Civ3 - I sold it one month after first buying it myself. So some help from someone familiar with both SMAC and Civ3 would be appreciated!
    IIRC these are at least a few things I can remember:
    1> Bring back the ability of units of allied civilizations (pacted factions in SMAC) to be on the same tile.
    2> Allow transfer of unit control between friendly factions/civilizations
    3> Bring back the ability to ask a civilization to stop a war.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Actually, I can't remember everything that I wanted too.
      I fully expected Civ3 to ship with all the enhancements/improvements in SMAC (After all, they are both developed by Firaxis!), but it was a major disappointment when Civ3 shipped without them.

Back to the list:
      1. Artillery is affected by terrain height.
      2. 3D Terrain (in terms of altitude).
      3. Terraforming (maybe a Future Tech can allow workers to raise/lower land?)
      4. Treaties signed before a war RESUMES after a war, with penalities. (Like borrowing money for gpt payment)

Comment

I liked the ability in SMAC to combine your own units. Maybe (i don't know if it works technically) you could implement it in Civilization. So when you discover "Iron Working" you won't be able to build Swordsmen, but you'll be able to combine a sword with other components (like an horseman or a foot soldier etc.) When you're discovering Nuclear Power, you can put nuclear engines in ships, rockets, submarines etc.

Is this a good idea?

Comment

That suggestion in itself is worthy of an entire thread, and fortunately enough there is at least one already started on the subject in this forum. Sadly, I am too lazy to go look for it.

I'd like to choose both the political systems of my government and the economic systems. Basically SMACs SE.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
            I'd like to choose both the political systems of my government and the economic systems. Basically SMACs SE.
            There's a topic about that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              Sadly, I am too lazy to go look for it.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I liked the ability in SMAC to combine your own units. Maybe (i don't know if it works technically) you could implement it in Civilization

One of the things I couldn't stand in SMAC and to implement it into civ is IMHO even worse.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You're right.

Comment

Originally posted by K.J.H.
                    I liked the ability in SMAC to combine your own units. Maybe (i don't know if it works technically) you could implement it in Civilization. So when you discover "Iron Working" you won't be able to build Swordsmen, but you'll be able to combine a sword with other components (like an horseman or a foot soldier etc.) When you're discovering Nuclear Power, you can put nuclear engines in ships, rockets, submarines etc.
                    Is this a good idea?
                    I want to make my swords fire nuclear weapons or give my horses nuclear engines
                    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian

I want to make my swords fire nuclear weapons or give my horses nuclear engines
                      when you merge a horse with nuclear tech you get a nuclear powered tank

and a nuclear sward is a "light sabre" build a jedi -a powerful unit who can turn against you if your culture is too weak
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Well, reactors should probably be confined to only units that run on fuel a bit more efficient than human and horse metabolism. As far as nuclear cavalry goes, I suppose it is possible for someone to carry a small nuclear warhead while on horseback.

Also, nuclear powered light swords may look cool, but during combat they're not very practical for people that don't have super-insane reaction and accuracy abilities. ...unless the enemy somehow still doesn't have rifle technology. Furthermore, reaction doesn't mean anything when the whatever being shot at you gets you at least as early as the information that they shot something at you.

Finally, swords can't fire nukes, even if they were modded into a SMAC game. Otherwise, they would no longer be swords but nuclear missile launchers. Units tend to have only one kind of weapon each.
                        Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
                        +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
                        http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X