Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What future technologies do we want to see in civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, besides being that they really couldn't come about until the far far future the problem with sea cities is that eventually the ENTIRE map is filled with cities andnot only is that unrealistic, it also makes the game crap as there are no natural borders to empire.

Comment

Yeah, ditch space colonies and sea colonies. They defeat the point of having natural boundaries. Besides, by that point in the game, the winner should be obvious in almost every case.

I'd keep the code for layers in there though, so we can do MoM-type senarios.

otoh, I know some people want sea colonies for mods. We ought to make sure that if you give a seagoing unit a colonise ability, it can still get used properly by both players and ai.
      The sons of the prophet were valiant and bold,
      And quite unaccustomed to fear,
      But the bravest of all is the one that I'm told,
      Is named Abdul Abulbul Amir

Comment

I'm not sure how borders are affected by sea cities, whether under- or over-ground. The current borders extend to the sea.

Not saying I'm for or against sea/undersea stuff in the basic game, but that's definitely a good mod-able one, IMO. Harcode as little as possible as far as terrain goes.

[ok]
        [ok]

"I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. "

Comment

Well, there are even still some wierdouts with SMAC and sea borders when interacting with land borders, otherwise smac made really cool sea cities, the only problem was the AI tended to flood the entire ocean with populance which is just surreal. Just that in civ, seaing the entire pacific as a city filled state...

Comment

Working...
          X