Zoom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom!

God (or Sid) knows how civ4 may turn out to look; with hexes, octos, multidimensional SMAC terrain, etc. But whatever it form it takes I hope the zooming will be back in.

Because lets face it, the terrain gets borring after a while no matter how many patterns of irrigation you make. But looking REAL REAL close can make the game seem totally different, and make you more invovled in the battles (if you have a big enough imaginatioon that is). And satellite views are much easier to use when you have a M.A.D. war on your hands. And anywere in between tailored to you military needs! I mean, how hard is it to program?

I hope this feature comes back like it was in civ2 and SMAC. civ3's 2 zooms are just not enough! Who's with me?!

I like zooms! Granted, much of the zoom range in Civ2 was useless, especially the mega-zoom-ins, but 2 zoom levels isn't enough. I rarely use the zoom-out in Civ3 because I can't really tell what's there - I only use it for navigating ships across large expanses of water.

Please, oh please, pretty please. Maybe we could have 3 levels of zoom? A normal view, a medium zoom-out for land unit movement and scouting your territory for resources, and a large zoom-out for ship movement.
    The (self-proclaimed) King of Parenthetical Comments.

Comment

Well, depending on how they code it, patcon, it would be pretty easy to create unlimited levels of zoom Just like Microsoft Word possesses... the only worry would be if the units get pixellated at too high a resolution!
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

SMAC had great zoom levels... I especially liked zooming way out to see the whole map. It really gave you a feel for the game.

I would be a fan of a fluid zoom, but would say we need at least 3 as a bare minimum. Standard, zoomed in, and zoomed out. At least.

Comment

more zooms

one of the reasons I couldn't stand gal-civ was lack of any zoom! bah

Comment

Yes, more zooms would be a great gesture from those who are they!
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

A fluid zoom would immediately start a pol on apolyton "what's your fav zoom?" and you'd need a hundred different responses!

Comment

Originally posted by aahz_capone
                A fluid zoom would immediately start a pol on apolyton "what's your fav zoom?" and you'd need a hundred different responses!
                At least that would give us an extra month of discussion topic before we started talking about Civ V.

Comment

I miss the customized zoom feature a la Civ2. Whatever the tradeoff in system resources, or whatever, I'm pretty sure I would take the tradeoff to get the ZOOM function back.
                  Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

At least that would give us an extra month of discussion topic before we started talking about Civ V
                    Don't worry, within a month, I'd start a civ V thread That's about how long before I waited to start a civ IV thread
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                      X