X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movement/Combat

Hi,

here is my idea/concept:

I like civ3, I like the economy, diplomacy etc, but I think (for us maniacs) some areas can be even more complex.

I would like to lead my army more precisely, like, for example in Panzer General II. It is also an excellent turn-based game about the WWII. Of course, the units has to be different, not only WWII units, but from worrior to modern armor.

It would be nice, when my artillery could fire a defending fire, when someone attacks a unit in his range.

A supply concept, could be also nicely implemented. Let's say, when you unload your units into continent far away from you, you would have to send for example additional food for the horses of your knights or oil for your tanks, ammunition for the infantry...

Even more: you would have to send food for the units out of your borders...

Like in real life!

Any comments?

There are some very good ideas regarding supply lines elsewhere on this forum.

Personally, while I like the idea of supply lines, I don't think there needs to be any extra detail to the combat system. It's meant to be Civilization, not a wargame, and what we have is sophisticated enough for that side of things - indeed, I wouldn't mind seeing *less* detailed combat options if it meant seeing more on other elements of the game, such as diplomacy, economics, and culture. But this argument has raged already in the past.

Comment

Working...
    X