Geographically & Historically Accurate Start Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geographically & Historically Accurate Start Location

It is my hope that Civ IV will allow for the option to play on a world map with geographically and historically accurate start locations.

This effectively means that if I play as the Aztecs, my start location will be in Central America, and I will not discover the Chinese or Germans native to South America.

The Chinese start in Asia. Germans in Europe. Americans in North America. Egyptians in North Africa. A fairly basic concept really, especially when Civ II had this default option. Yet it wasn't available in Civ III without a patch, and even then the other nations were not placed in their geographic, historic homes.

To me the entire joy of playing Civ II was simulating history. If some people prefer the strategic play of random maps, that is fine. But please stress for this option to be made available. Please.

Bkeela.
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

I agree.
    Vote Democrat
    Support Democracy

Comment

Hmm... I've always found the "culturally linked starting positions" option to work well enough for me. A real-world map (in all sizes) as a standard option is still a great idea, though.

jon.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

It's called "Kal-El's 180x180 Earth map"

Comment

Working...
        X