Cultural Conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cultural Conversions

When I began playing Civ II, I fell in love with the series, and subsuqently bought Civ III when it was released. My biggest problem with vanilla Civ III was the cultural conversions. I would fight a long war and claim many large cities before calling for peace. Several turns later many of the cities would flip back to thier original Civ, and most of the time I would deal with it. My problem was I stationed many strong troops in a city to prepare for the next war, and the city would flip back, effecitvly destroying the troops stationed there. I would reload from an auto-save and rush cultural improvments in hopes to prevent this, many times this did not work so I adopted the stratagy of razing all captured cities and rebuilt them with my own settlers.

PTW came out with the option of turning cultural conversions off, and my worries were gone. No longer could I afford to let enemy civs get inside my borders with thier settlers, but it still happens and I either take those cities by force or trade. I hope that the option to turn the culture flipping off is present in Civ IV.

I think that culture flipping adds a realistic dynamic to the civ-experience, but it can be bothersome.

What are your opinons on this?

So far I've only had cities flip in my favor, so I don't have a problem with it.

Comment

copied to cultural thread ......
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
      X