Languages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Languages

Each civ has it's own language. Languages can evolve or change. Languges affect propoganda. Enemy's language affect's your war discontent.

And so on...
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

Is this really a official List thread? Can't remember seeing this topic in the list management thread... Isn't this more of a specific idea, and not a topic to have an own List thread for?

Anywayu, how do you think this will affect propaganda and war discontent? And what purpose game wise would this have other than this?

Sorry for being so critical.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

It's not an official thread...

muxec- could you please, in the future, not put {The List} in your titles unless they are designated official all-encompassing threads... It's less confusing that way.

the all-encompassing threads cover all the portions of each specific idea.
      -
      Thank you Nikolai
      -
      and back to muxec- please elaborate some on this idea...
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Maybe we should petition Markos to give this forum an own mini-mod, so that topping and title changes that we could need here?

If so, I suggest that DarkCloud or Asmodean is given the honour. Asmo is after all the leader here, and DC seems to be the unofficial vice boss here when he is away.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

On Topic:

I don't see how modeling languages will make the Civ experience any better, without seriously increasing the resources needed for the game.

The only time when one Civ wouldn't have interpreters would be on the very first meeting, but at that stage in the game diplomacy is so simple, and turns are so long, that I am willing to say all is left well enough alone.

Off Topic:
          I am in full support of an organized List, but...

You're going to get the {} before lots of thread mods because that's what new posters are going to see on the boards. The best thing to do will be to simply leave them off of the List Directory, or perhaps invite the thread starter to become the official thread manager, and make the thread official.

Very few people read topped threads with instructions of how to post, and if it is their first time to these forums since the "rules" were decided upon, then they're going to post. If every other thread has a admonation as its second post then people are just going to get discouraged and go post in the one giant thread at CivFanatics.

Comment

Couldn't you argue that language is just an aspect of culture?
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
              Couldn't you argue that language is just an aspect of culture?
              Quite reasonably, I do believe.

Comment

People, sorry, you should read "a list" instead of {-The List-}

Real world: I think that if USA makes propoganda in England it will be much more successful than in France.
                money sqrt evil;
                My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by muxec
                  People, sorry, you should read "a list" instead of {-The List-}

Real world: I think that if USA makes propoganda in England it will be much more successful than in France.
                  That depends on the time period. This past year, you're absolutely correct. In 1789, though...

Either way, I don't think it has much to do with language. I vote for leaving it a part of culture.

jon.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                  X