Bring Sentry back to civ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Sentry back to civ4

I played a civIII game again (which is not that common) and realised why I don't like this game:
    You can only fortify your units, not give them sentry orders. They don't wake up automatically when an enemy comes nearby, which menas I have to manually look at the entirety of my civ every turn in case someone dropped a unit near one of my sentries.
    Give me back civ's sentry order!
    I hate losing cities because my units on sentry didn't wake up.
    The fact that units are not as visible as they were in civ (yes I mean civ1, not civ2) doesn't make it any easier. Firaxis, as an alternative to a sentry button, bring me back the big square unit graphics so I can spot an enemy immediately.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

I'm playing C3C and there is indeed a sentry function, even a sentry (enemies only) function. Is this not in vanilla Civ 3 ?
    Ut sementem feceris ita metes.
    ~ As you sow so will you reap.
    ----Cicero

Comment

Not in vanilla CivIII. The sentry functions appeared in PtW.
      "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

Are you sure? I think it's in the latest version of vanilly C3.

Comment

Well I can't find it in vanilla civ3 and won't pay 20$ just to get sentry. Glad they realised it was needed, though.
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
          X