X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ IV nations

the nations I want to see in Civ 4

It should be set at 60 nations max
    The more the civs the better. I tried to put them all around the globe yet focus on those that were important.

For American culture groups:

USA
    Iroquois
    Sioux/ Lakota
    Mayas
    Aztecs
    Incas
    Nazca
    Inuit
    Utes

For West European culture groups:
    UK
    France
    Spain
    Portugal
    Germany
    Netherlands
    Vikings
    Sweden
    Ireland (maybe)

For eastern Europe:
    Russia
    Poland
    Austria (since they had alot of slavs)
    hate to say it but I really don't want Byzantium again, they are Greeks in the location where the ottomans need to be

For Mediterranean culture groups:
    Rome
    Greece
    Carthage
    Egypt

For Neareast culture groups:
    Arabs
    Turkey
    Persia
    Israel
    Numbia
    Babylon
    Assyria
    Sumeria
    Hittite

For south/Southeast Asian/ Hindu culture groups
    India
    Harappa
    Khemer
    Indonesia/ Majaphit empire
    Thailand
    Champa

For Far East Asia:
    China
    Japan
    Korea
    Mongolia
    Tibet (or should this go with south asia?)
    Dai Viet (Vietnamese civ)

For Oceania:
    Polynesia
    Maori
    Aborigiese

For Africa:
    Shonghai
    Ashanti
    Mali
    Ethiopia
    Zulu
    Xhosa
    Bantu or something from Kenya or Tanzania
    Last edited by civilleader; December 30, 2003, 22:47.

I want to see half of them.

Just Romans, Greeks, French, Germans, English, Russians, Zulu, Aztecs, Incas, Americans, Indians, Chinese, Japanese, Egyptians, Babylonians/Persians, and that's it.

All the others are half-arse civs. I'd only add the Japanese and the Incas to the original selection for Civ1

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

You wont ever get anywhere in this debate without a definition of "civilization", "culture" and the like. There are tons of civilizations, and civilizations within civilizations and so on. The question is: what does it take for a civilization to get into Civ?

I had already made a post about this once, but it's burried somewhere...
      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

ISRAEL

(panag in five... four... three... )

Comment

I think I dropped this in the wrong (but seemingly identical) thread, so here it is again:

I'd favour more civs, so long as its not just a CtP style list of names that makes your eventual choice meaningless. With this in mind, it makes it easier (relatively) to choose which civs are included: not just did they play a role in the history of civilization (because which culture hasn't?) but can you give them a specialization that has some historical importance and add to game play in a unique way. In this sense, Civ3 and its sequals have done a good job in my book.
          jon.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

We can't have nearly as many as CtP(2). Each civ should be distinctive like in C3. Civ traits and UU's added enormous depth to C3.

Comment

everybody in civ3+ptw+conquests should carry over.
              B♭3

Comment

Working...
              X