Civilization Civil War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization Civil War?

What if civilizations could have civil wars, say over revoultions. Half the empire breaks off into a new empire or something. Troops could go rogue and over take a city. Cities may decide, dependign on government type, to suceed from the union or something. The layer of gameplay that such a option would add would definitly make you think twice before decalring war on a nearby, influencial nation. Or overthoring a government peopl seem to be very happy with.

Please, if anyone has something to add say it. There are many way this could go and I feel could make the game more realistic.

The more additions to where there are serious reactions to bad decisions are good. I think the game should include more opprotunities for you to be overthrown/removed from power and there should be more ways you can remove other leaders from power

Comment

This is being discussed in the "Culture List" organized by Rasputin. I would suggest posting your comments on that thread. Rasputin's Culture List
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Wow, 9 years.

Here's the thing: I once saw a civil war in Civilization. Civ II to be precise; what had happened was that there was a civ I was near, and all their cities were suffering from deep unrest, then, civil war. 4 cities broke off from the main civ and became a different civ, and one of them was France, that's all I remember.

I found this thread when I was googling for the mechanics of this, and to see if it were possible in Civ V.

Farewell from the future!

Comment

I would love to see the concept of a civil war somewhat like was in I believe Civ II.

Comment

The American Civil War scenario is a scenario that was added to Civilization V in the Brave New.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex0011 View Post
              I would love to see the concept of a civil war somewhat like was in I believe Civ II.
              Yep, that was indeed a concept in Civ2 which I would like to see brought back in Civ6.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

hehe just post a thread: Rise of mankind: a new dawn. There is a mod included called "Revolutions" that does exactly what the one who started this post in 2003. You have to watch and take care of your cities, otherwise a civil war could be on his way. I started once a game with 13 civs and halfway there where like 30 or 40 civ. But hey, you know what? Civ's van also come back together, to form one country again. I requires a lot of training to learn to play this way, but in the RoN a new dawn mod there is option to put 'Revolutions" on or off.
                Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

Now that sounds like an interesting mod.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

a lot of people hate the war, but why do most of the They love war games?

Comment

RFC does something vaguely similar--but not spontaneously, only at scripted moments. Now, if your empire collapses from low stability, it does say "the X is descending into civil war!"
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        RFC does something vaguely similar--but not spontaneously, only at scripted moments. Now, if your empire collapses from low stability, it does say "the X is descending into civil war!"
                        in RoM AND you can realy do something about the preventing of a civil war. If you do it wrong some cities might split up and start a new Civ. If you like playing this way, Don't be suprised to get over 30 or more civ's in the entire game. But you can switch this opion off if you don't like it
                        Civilization is a game where man dominate a fictive world.. woman does it for real

Comment

Originally posted by Imran60 View Post
                          The American Civil War scenario is a scenario that was added to Civilization V in the Brave New.
                          Thanks. dont play much anymore but may need to check this out!

Gramps
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            Elok, what is "RFC"

Thanks!

Gramps
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                              Now that sounds like an interesting mod.
                              C2C over at CFC absorbed the revolutions mod, you can try it that way.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X