No announcement yet.

Government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me relax? You were the one who jumped in here like there was a fist fight. If you don’t want to talk about the ideas, then please leave, otherwise offer some critique.

Comment

Okay, thanks for asking.

I like your idea as it sounds like an interesting simulation, but not for Civilization. As I understand your posting, this would be the biggest subsystem, by far, in the game. Without going into a lot of detail, it has the appearance of requiring a lot of decisions and actions to manage the government. Bottom line: a lot of extra work for the player.

Another point would be the ramifications of gameplay. Most people like Civ (whether we are talking about version 1, 2 or 3) because they decide what is built in the cities, where the military units go and how to handle relations with the other civilizations. It sounds like your suggestion would take some of the absolute power out of the hands of the player. To me that's taking the appeal out of civ.

Like I said, the idea is a stimulating idea -- almost a SimGovernment (like the line of SimCity, SimWorld, SimAnt, et al).

If you have an interest in this, you should check out the democracy games for both Civ2 and Civ3. Check the root of the Apolyton Forums Apolyton users form political parties, assign roles in the government and play a game of civ jointly discussing the strategy as they go. It's quite interesting, but takes a regular committment to stay on top of everything going on.
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Cras
        If he read my response he would have realized that there are no hard feelings but a mere misunderstanding.
        Originally posted by maxximusarelius
        Hey Fosse! NO BODY GIVES A F**K WHAT YOU SAY! its not quite the same as that thread so who the hell cares how popular that one is... You need a life if all you do is check in and keep posting things in peoples threads of where they really should be according to you!
        And for the record, this type of abuse of a poster is not tolerated at Apolyton. Check the FAQ. I happen to think Fosse is a decent poster, so I didn't like reading that. So, I was really directing my comment to maxximusarelius, not you Cras. Cool?
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Cool. Again we had a misunderstanding and all has been clarified. I apolgize for the mishap.

I also wouldn't mind a stand alone simulation program like this. Again I would see how this could be bothering to some players. That is why I would envision a Civ 4 game having almost a traditional Civ game along the lines of Civ 3 and 2 while also including a Civ with more complex political systems and diplomatic systems for users who thirst for other and more complex levels of difficulty. Plus I see a possibility of replay value.
          Last edited by Cras; December 16, 2003, 23:11.

Comment

To reduce complexity I envision this feature to be implemented with simple drop down menus. It doesnt have to be to complicated but just customizable and structured, not vague like it is now in Civ 3.

Comment

Working...
            X