Have an idea you wish to post - Please READ HERE FIRST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have an idea you wish to post - Please READ HERE FIRST

Making this list of ideas for Civilization IV is a large project. We have a number of people involved, and of course we are constantly getting better at what we do.

There are, however, a few things you can do to help us make this list.

First of all, post as many ideas as you like. Don't be shy. No idea is too stupid. Perhaps you will be mocked or even flamed by other posters, but remember that we all care about Civ, and people tend to get rather exited when debating an issue they care about. If you really feel that someone has stepped over the line, then report the offending poster to the mods.

When you post ideas, do so either in the relevant category thread, or make a new thread on the subject. It really isn't relevant whether you open a new thread, or post in the existing one. The threadmaster for the category will eventually get to your idea. If he doesn't, then don't get all rowdy and post angry stuff about the threadmaster. Post - in the main thread for the category - a link to your idea, and he will find it.

Expect discussions about your ideas. Be prepared to defend them if necessary. If your idea is well thought out, the chance is higher that the threadmaster will include it in the summary for that category. Remember: The threadmasters are the only arbiters in their particular category. They have full say over what gets in the list and what doesn't. Therefore: Be coherent, and defend your idea if discussion arises.

To help the threadmasters presenting the ideas, please consider the following:

When posting an idea, first make a headline - up to ten words - describing the idea. Next describe the idea in detail. Use as many words as you like, but try to break down the idea in easy-to-read items. Remember: The easier your idea is to understand, the easier it is for the threadmaster to present it.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Brilliant post, Asmodean

Comment

I agree
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Comment

Very good writeup!
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

you guys are pretty hardcore, eh?

Comment

And by that you mean...?
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Oh, just as a suggestion for threadmaster colorcoding- here's an idea I came up with: (these are the only colors I've had to use... and actually the PINK one was LIME in the thread I was using... but I decided that LIME didn't show up so well, so now I'm suggesting pink.

----

RED font color= radical idea that could add a lot to the game.

PINK font color= editorial comment
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Asmodean, could you add a link to each of the List's subdivisions in your first post? It would be easier when we decide to post an idea.
                  Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Here- let's make it easy on him: Here's my threads-

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=103820 SCENARIO/MAP EDITOR

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=103821 CIVILIZATIONS
                    -->Visit CGN!

Comment

/me will copy and past the links from his news report.

Comment

Good work Frozzy!
                        -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Perhaps Asmodean should put this in his first thread up there and in alphabetical order... please
                          Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Um Asmodean, another thing...
                            could you please add this warning to your first post:

Only use {The List} in your thread title if you are a list threadmaster. Doing so helps alleviate confusion and helps newcomers find the correct threads to post their general ideas in and allows the threadmasters to better coordinate.

thanks!
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
                            X