No announcement yet.

A few wishes for CivIV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unit Workshop like in SMAC probably isn't a good idea, with possible balance problems, and AI problems... although I would love to be able to choose certain feautures (like, a simple tank, or one with a bigger gun and less armor...)
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Some more ideas:

9) Unit Option to destroy soil. When I raze an enemy city I either have to get a settler to that open spot quickly before the AI or declare war on whatever AI gets a settler there before me. Yesterday when the Inca declared war on me and razed one of my cities I took to razing all of their cities in revenge. I didn't want to conquer their territory of bother building settlers so late in the modern age and it would have been nice to be able to completely destroy their soil so that no other nation would bother trying to settle it. I think in our real world histroy there was a time when salt was used to destroy the soil. This should be incorporated into CIVIV.

10) Workers should continue to be able to clean pollution such as garbage and sewage from cities but nuclear pollution should be a completely different issue. They should have different graphics for each and I suppose nuclear pollution could be cleaned up but it should take a few decades or centuries for it to completely disappear. This would make using nuclear weapons as disastrous to the environment as it is in the real world and would make players really consider their consequences before using them.

11) Specialized Production. It would be good if cities that produced certain units got a bonus if they produced that same unit again and again. If a city cranks out a tank and I set it to produce another tank that city should already be geared up to produce tanks since it just completed building one, therefore it should not take as long to produce the next one. After a building, say 4 of the same unit in a row it should get an even bigger bonus because the city will by then have perfected the process of building that particular unit.

12) A city shouldn't be able to switch from building tanks to building a temple or library without penalty. I think CIVII had this feature and it worked well because it makes no sense for a city to be building a tank and right before it is completed switch to building a library instead and finish the library just as fast without any loss in shields.

Thoughts?
      "Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do."

Comment

Good stuff, Ike. I think you'll find most of those ideas welcomed.

I don't like 11 at all though. I understand the realism factor, but it just sounds like giving bonuses to production that has been produced before is going to make things a bit tedious... to have the most efficient empire possible you have to build ALL of your infantry in Athens, and ALL of your tanks in Sparta.

I really like the idea of ruining the land though. You could salt city sites in the ancient age, like Romans did, or scorch the Earth, like the Red Army in WWII. I like that idea.

Comment

Working...
        X