Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade

I (And others) have posted a number of ideas trade related

this is sort of a buildup of another's idea (and mine)

that is to have the Civ3 trading of resources

but you can only do it with the nation that you take a caravan type unit to (my idea was to give caravan units attack and defense)

than a trade route gets established

the route can travel by connected cities of the same country instantly

but when it goes between countries (either by boat or by road) something different happens

a boat or camel gets created that yuo do not ahve any control over

it is a neutral unit that travels the shortest possible distance, to connect the two land cities or the two ports

it basically just moves back and forth

but it can be raided by military units, and when it does so it stops the flow of the resources

also, whenever a trade route is started, a path is made through cities and the like

the cities that the trade route goes through all get bonuses to trade, as long as the trade route is in place

as well as the starting and ending cities

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

similar to CTP type of trade then ....
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Dont say that, he'll go mental.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

simliar, but not the same

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
          Dont say that, he'll go mental.
          no

what I go 'mental' about is being called a hypocrite and a liar

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Good idea.
            I'd be for this, but I'd also like to elminate all player controlled camels.
            Simply having camels and boats like you described created along the trade routes would be enough for me. It makes trade concrete without having to perform a silly little camel moving operation for every civ in the game you might want to trade with.

Remember how obnoxious opening embassies in CtP was, and how much nicer it was to just pay for it in Civ3?

Comment

I would say it is almost the same than the Galactic Civilizations type of trading with trade routes, freighters and so on. I think that GalCiv-like trade routes should be looked at.
              Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

I want a GalCiv-style trading system too in terms of having the freighters actually move around. I don't know if I agree with just getting money straight from the freighter though. I'd also prefer that a trade be set up in the diplomacy screen, rather than with a freighter, and that the freighters actually carry the "resource".

Comment

btw, Jon Miller, do you have to write posts the way you do? It's difficult to read

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                    I want a GalCiv-style trading system too in terms of having the freighters actually move around. I don't know if I agree with just getting money straight from the freighter though. I'd also prefer that a trade be set up in the diplomacy screen, rather than with a freighter, and that the freighters actually carry the "resource".
                    In one of these threads, somewhere, I proposed a sort of combanation of Civ 3, GalCiv, and SMAC trades. I know, most "best of all" turn out to be garbage, but...

Free economies of two different civs automatically generate trade the way SMAC pacted bases did. Makes sense, simulates real world, and gives you a reaso to try to convince your friends to use the same economy that you do!

Civ3 bartering style to decide what gets traded to whom, but then GalCiv style trade routes with caravans are established from the supplying cities to the receiving. This serves as a visual clue to what trades are gonig on in the world, as eye candy (hopefull the immersion kind, not the gratuitous kind!), and gives a potential miliatry target.

Someone else suggested that caravans like the one I described which pass through cities on the way would generate trade in those cities, and I think that's a good idea, but not integral to what I want.

Comment

Working...
                    X