Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much time has passed. Furthermore, many ideas will be inspired by the changes to the series that Civ 3 introduced, so the old list is just that: Old
    However, we should at least go through The List and see what proposals could be reused. At least go through the Essential Civ3 List - many good proposals in there that went unheeded.
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
      Hmmm - this will require some thought. I like the early comments about the combat system from CtP.

But I think the first thing I would ask for is that Asmodean's avatar be one of the leader heads.

Yeah...that'd be nice, eh?

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Stefu

However, we should at least go through The List and see what proposals could be reused. At least go through the Essential Civ3 List - many good proposals in there that went unheeded.
        What do you guys think my good night reading is these days

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• Its called Windows for a reason

I dont know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but being able to play Civ in a window would be nice.

Comment

• I agree, its one of the things that makes civ2 so addictive to play, and easy to hide at work.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• What I'd like in Civ4:

A new era
              Like mentioned in this thread:

This thread was before PTW's time though, but still valid
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• sorry about posting this here too, but I don't want it to get lost and couldn't figure out where to put it:

I would also suggest adding air capacity to the game... basically designating air routes for supplies in the game.
                For example: Armor Units in Washington can be put onto a Cargo Plain and flown to the front in Tripoli, or something of that sort.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• I don't know where to put this so...

I'd like to have the option to create civs out of your own civ. So if your nation becomes too rowdy, you can seperate a part of civ and rebuild your nation.

Comment

• Frozzy, I'll take that and add it to the Civilizations section... It's an intriguing idea, although I don't know how much use it will really get... why would someone want to give up part of their nation unless they were going for space victory? or some sort of non-size, non-combat victory?
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• If your Civ is on the verge of revolting against you, you can just cut off the rowdy cities so you can work on making the ones you have better.

Comment

• I suppose that makes sense.
                        -->Visit CGN!

Comment

• If we have some kind of vassal feature in Civ4, the newly created civ should be that. After all, they have been given their independence by you, right? If there is no vassal feature, the new civ should at least have very good relations to you for a long time, and be very forthcoming to all oyur proposals.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Maybe not - how friendly are the ex Soviet states to Russia?
                            "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

• Actually, many of them are very friendly toward russia and are moving toward an economic union with mother russia... look at the Asian-SSR states for examples of that, Myrddin.
                              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

• Well, firstly the ex Soviet states didn't get out of the union with the motherland's blessing... And think of it; If a country is granted independence with the motherland's blessing, don't you think they'd be gratefull?
                                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                                X