Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which CIV version has underwater cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't quite understand that...what do you mean it didn't tell you?
    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
      Uber Krux= I really don't understand why people hate call to power- it isn't really that bad a game? (at least compared to civ III )
      Call to Power is pretty damn poor - Call to Power II is a decent enough game worthy of the Civilization name.
      A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
        I don't quite understand that...what do you mean it didn't tell you?
        He means presumably that he was unable to find the large and extremely useful 'cycle idle units' button on the program's main screen.
        A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Faboba
          Call to Power is pretty damn poor - Call to Power II is a decent enough game worthy of the Civilization name.
          ...both have to be played in modded form though - (and Med Mod CTP1 is actually a very good and balanced game). Some players may get bent all out of shape and not even consider the series because of the fact that it had to be modded, but all I'm interested in is the end result - is it good??? Who cares if fans had to mod it in order to make it good.

Interestingly enough, a player like Vel had a huge bias against the series until he decided to give CTP2 a go. He really liked the concepts within the game that he though made for less tedious gameplay, as well as a deeper tech tree, etc. He noted right off the bat that the AI was weak, so he downloaded one of the major Mods.

And he was promptly floored by what the community was able to do. Do a search in the CTP2 forums for his impressions.
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

In my opinion, CTP2 (as modded) is a far better game than its predecessor, CTP. And compared to the Civ 3 and the expansions (leaving out Conquests, because I can’t figure out how its going to actually play once the gpt and corruption issues are worked out) it is comparable, and a very solid game. Just different.

Having played CTP and CTP2 before playing Civ3, I disliked Civ3 a great deal because there were concepts and strategies which I enjoyed in the former two games, and found to be lacking in the latter. But once I was able to put that mode of thinking aside, I came to enjoy that game a great deal.

While for some it is truly a matter of preference, I really do believe – for some people - the inability to switch back and forth and enjoy each game for what it is, is just a matter of inflexibility.
            "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

inflexibility
              Inflexibility? What inflexibility?

CTP2 was the last game I bought. Three years ago. Never needed another one.

If everyone were like me that game could have had a seriously depressing effect on sales of the genre.

Feel free to call me a nutter.

Comment

Peter, if I could have been as focused as you and satisifed in exploring just one game to its full potential, I could have saved myself thousands of dollars! However, even while a newly purchased game is barely out of the box, I appear to be looking ahead to that next new game coming on the market...

BTW, Can't CIV III be modded to have sea colonies? I noticed in the editor that you can change water tiles to make them city-buildable...
                Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

keep underwater cities and space cities OUT OF CIV IV
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

hey Mr. Fun, having fun in Illinois still?

oh, I disagree with you about the underwater and space cities.

Comment

Simply make it an optional extra.
                      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Working...
                      X