Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which CIV version has underwater cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which CIV version has underwater cities?

I have most of the Civ games and I haven't played in quite a while. I really liked the one where you could build underwater cities and have tubes that connected them to land.
    Does anyone know which one that was?

Call to Power
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!!!

Comment

Alpha Centauri had something like it... and Test of Time had the levels of civilization so that you could do planets or sea/land/etc.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

DC is correct. ToT had several game modes: Original, Extended Original, Fantasy, Sci-fi, and one other that I can't remember the name of. All except Original had multi-layer maps.
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

Call to Power and Call to Power 2 share the same concepts of underwater cities that can be connected with underwater tubes.
            "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

which CIV version sucked total ass? is pretty much the same question.

... FLAME ON!
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

civ3 had underwater cities?
                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I don't know....I kinda liked it. Not like Civ2, of course. But it was a neat game.

Asmodean
                  Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Uber Krux= I really don't understand why people hate call to power- it isn't really that bad a game? (at least compared to civ III )
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                      Uber Krux= I really don't understand why people hate call to power- it isn't really that bad a game? (at least compared to civ III )
                      I thought they were talking about civ3

Comment

Same here

Comment

Despite being an early enthusiast, I quickly hated CTP for several reasons:

- French dubbed voices were about as enthusiastic as Droopy. I felt like falling asleep everytime I heard "building done"

- The AI sucked completely

- The trade system was uninteresting: you basically concentrated resources in one city. One has to admit the trade routes were nicely displayed though.

- You couldn't trade techs before sending a diplomat without being expelled so that he opens an embassy

- Because of the future eras, the historical tech-tree and the historical wonders were more superficial than in Civ.

- Your pretended population explodes at each era change. I didn't feel like I was deserving my population boom.

- but the worst was the tedium with all the "unconventional combatants". I really, really become bored of the lawyers at the end. I'm really glad they don't play such a role in Sid's games.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Despite being an early enthusiast, I quickly hated civ3 for several reasons:

- Terrain improvements offered no choices in constuction. Basically you filled your city radius with roads/rails and single-level improvements. It would be much nicer if you had several levels of each improvement, and roads were only used for movement, so you would have to choose either movement or economy. The end result was a map that was blighted with roads and railroads.

- Rails give infinite movement, so there is no need for strategic planning in troop placement. Stacks of Doom, anyone.

- No AI respect of trespassing, which isn't so bad except the whammy of a very limited ZOC rule forces a player to set up a unit-intensive WWI-style frontlines to stop the irritation.

- It was more efficient to trade for science, as the AI did so incessently to gain its advantage. There was little need to improve your own science by research. Counter-intuitive.

- You are funneled into completing each tech of an age before proceeding to the next age, so there is little need of long-term goals in tech progression.

- It is much better to raze captured cities - you risk losing the city back to your enemy with an arbitrary flip (which is actually tolerable from a gameplay standpoint), but couple that with the crippling corruption you most likely will have anyhow, and the decision is easy. Hang 'em all.

- Limited government choices creates the same feeling over and over and over and over and over...

- but the worst was the tedium of the worker system to build improvements, as well as the tedium of army movement/attack with a pseudo-grouping command that did not make it any easier to split large stacks for several targeted areas. I'm really glad these do not play a role in the CTP series.

...and over and over and over and over...(still on the government rant)

Different strokes for different folks, I guess...
                            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I never played CTP all the way through because it didn't tell me when to move my units.

Comment

Working...
                              X