suggest. for CIV3 future upgrades - TURNS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggest. for CIV3 future upgrades - TURNS

When you have lot of big cities, to change production after the previous is finished, is a pain.
    Very useful would be 2 things:
    1) Possibility to predetermine (automatize) the succession of city improvements in all cities.

2) Possibility, at the beginning of each turn, to go into the Domestic advisor screen and quickly change from there the production only in cities that have completed the previous prod. Of course this would mean that the shortcut described below (in CIV3 PTW) would be eliminated:

Shortcut to be eliminated for introducing functionality 2) described above:
    I any turn, the changes of city productions usually start from the Capital; i.e. if the capital has finished its production, it will be the first city to appear asking what next to produce. Therefore if I am researching Miniaturization, City A is the Capital, in City B I do the Palace to then switch to Internet, and if the turn when Miniaturization is done is the same when the Palace is done (with no further possibility to unpurpousedly slow down production in City B), than the turn before Miniaturization is done I can put the Capital to produce anything that takes 1 turn ( artillery). The following turn Miniaturization will be done; the artillery in the capital will appear as the first completed City Improvem. to be changed; I will then zoom to Capital, move ( with write bottom) to arrive to City B, change production ( which will still appear to be Palace, missing turns 1) from Palace to Internet. Any other way I would have competed Palace.

A player like me that likes huge rich maps, would be much better off with the 2 new functionalities mentioned above.

More in general I think that ‘philosophically’ the end of the turn must be the cut-off for anything that is obtainable only after a certain time. The feasibility of the shortcut above is a contradiction that should be eliminated in future versions.
    Omnia Mea Mecum Porto.

Unless I'm misreading your post, those 2 things (worklists, and report list) are already available, in Freeciv.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

freeciv

what is freeciv, where is it etc??
      i am very interested and would appreciate you help.

Thanks
      Omnia Mea Mecum Porto.

Comment

CTP2 has both those features.

It's nothing new. *shrug*

Comment

Working...
        X