extending ancient age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extending ancient age

It seems to me that the ancient age goes by too fast in civ games. I wish it were more developped with more techs, and more turns so that the player could enjoy the ancient age a bit longer.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Use the ancients mad pack for Freeciv. I'm now the maintainer for it so I'll probably try to extend it to the modern age.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by panag
      hi ,

you can extend this true the ptw editor

have a nice day
      really? Maybe I should get PTW...
      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat

really? Maybe I should get PTW...
        hi ,

yes , do so , its really great

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

or CtP2's Cradle of Civilization mod. Start BC7000 and work forward through a most excellent extended detailed ancient age.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Or Civ2 (or ToT) Seeds of Greatness scenario by Kull. You can reuse the tech and unit files as a regular mod. This stops with legions as the best units, but I really love this scenario.
            Clash of Civilization team member
            (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
            web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

thanks everybody for the suggestions!

Comment

This would make the game even more interesting
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

If you want a detailed Ancient Age, Cradle for CtP2 is definitely the way to go. Best Ancient Age since the real thing ended (and a lot cheaper than PtW)
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
                    Or Civ2 (or ToT) Seeds of Greatness scenario by Kull. You can reuse the tech and unit files as a regular mod. This stops with legions as the best units, but I really love this scenario.
                    Great Mod, as I looked at his files for some insights for Cradle.

I know Kull liked Cradle a lot too - he was the one who worked up the civ lists for me after he played it.
                    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

BTW, here is Cradle's Tech tree attached below. You are hitting the Dark ages at about turn 400-500.

Vel loves Cradle too - do a search in the CTP2 Forums for his breakdown analysis of Cradle when he tried it a few months back.
                      Attached Files
                      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Hey, I love Cradle too. Unfortunately, CtP2 tends to crash for me when I play it .
                        Clash of Civilization team member
                        (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                        web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Working...
                        X