Infogrames transfers Game Rights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infogrames transfers Game Rights!

In news on page 28 of Computer Games Magazine's August 2003 edition; there is a snippet stating that

Infogrames, in addition to changing its name to Atari, transferred "the rights for an umber of games to Firaxis in return for the rights to publish the developer's next titles. Games covered include Sid Meier's Colonization and Sid Meier's Pirates!"
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Colonization 2 would be nice
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
      Colonization 2 would be nice
      Only a mild understatement.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Couldn't they possibly be a little more specific? Such a general statement is frustratingly empty.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Well, it looks like they're going to be making Pirates! 2 first

-->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Well, if they are only interested in making a buck (which appears to be the case) then the least they could do is ask us what games we'd most like to see.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

They probably visited the forums.. and saw the trends in 3D games and thought that PIRATES 2! would be the way to go... personally, I think it will be a big flop. there are simply too many varied things to do in the world- it would be too unstructured, etc.

I think that, although it will be published, that it might very well bankrupt firaxis. the market for these games simply isn't there. (even though they say 'emergent' gaming is the thing of the future... remember how many people bought Black and White... and returned it ? or at least tried to return it?)

Firaxis should have made Colonization 2... espeically with the new wave of american patriotism.
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                They probably visited the forums.. and saw the trends in 3D games and thought that PIRATES 2! would be the way to go... personally, I think it will be a big flop.
                Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                X