No announcement yet.

What would you ameliorate first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I meant was that nukes and pollution should not have the same effect.
    In Freeciv nukes leave fallout on adjacent squares when they explode. If there is too much fallout a cycle of nuclear winter happens. I'm not sure of the exact algorithm but in general the number of tundra/glacier spaces goes up.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

geeslaka: Don't answer panag, he always put stuff just for the heck of it, he doesn't really answer................
      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

1) Stacked movement and stacked combat with bonuses to certain combined arms.
        2) Great leaders, scientific, political, religious as well as military. And great leaders can rebel, taking units with them, and attacking cities.
        3) Make the Ancient Age longer. Civ3 skips through it way too fast.
        4) Add political factions with certain bonuses/penalties if they are in power.
        5) Tech tree based on ressources, infrastructure. ie, certain techs would require certain ressources or certain city improvements in order to research.
        'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
        G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Originally posted by Trifna
          geeslaka: Don't answer panag, he always put stuff just for the heck of it, he doesn't really answer................
          hi ,

ah no , .......

and no , for your info i dont put stuff for the heck of it , unlike yourself who just makes a post like you did , for the heck of it , ...... in a game thread , ....

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

You keep that nice day, you need it more.
            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
            XGalaga.

Comment

1) Stacked movement and combat
              2) Remove settler system, replace with Public Works or similar (and thus allow oceanic tile improvements)
              3) Add a scriping language
              4) Remove culture-flipping
              5) Alter strategic resources model.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Wombat, what does "scriping language" mean? It's not in the Merriam Webster...

Comment

an in-game programming language somewhat similar to CtP2's SLIC language, which lets you code effects to events in the game.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Trifna: You are seriously deprived if you don't know what a scripting language is.
                    XGalaga.

Comment

1. Stabilty-affected by your diplomatic deals and your handing of certian domestic sitution(like what EU2 has).

2. all units cost something, but once you exceed your limit it becomes progressivly more expensive to field units(again like Eu2).

3. revamp combat system(return to the HP/F sytem of civ2, and allow for easy build armiess that fight as a unit.

Comment

Rather than throw in more and more features, old ones that don't see much use should get pulled. Civ3 is far more complex than the original Civ but not necessarily more enjoyable. It also makes it easier for the AI to learn so that it can be a match for the human without cheating.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                          Rather than throw in more and more features, old ones that don't see much use should get pulled. Civ3 is far more complex than the original Civ but not necessarily more enjoyable. It also makes it easier for the AI to learn so that it can be a match for the human without cheating.
                          hi ,

the problem is that it does not learn fast enough , .....

its to small for that , ...

have a nice day
                          Last edited by Panag; July 29, 2003, 16:31.
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

geeslaka: Perhaps you know, but it doesn't mean everyone does.

Besides, it was written scriping language, and not scripTing language.

Comment

Working...
                            X