Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Files missing from "Civ3 Scenario Haven"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files missing from "Civ3 Scenario Haven"?

(PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THIS THREAD. It relates directly to my Civ4 map construction. It is not about Civ3.)

I was looking for real-world resource maps of the Earth. I hit the jackpot when I found "Civ3 Scenario Haven" here at Apolyton. As I was downloading the maps, I discovered that many of the files are missing.

Does anyone have the complete collection of files? Will the Haven pages ever be repaired?

Unfortunately Harlan (who built the site) hasn't been around for many years and I don't have any current contact info for him (tried to contact him in the past but no luck), so unfortunately that site is pretty much dead by now -- although it's still a very valuable resource as-is.

I wasn't aware that some of those links were dead, thanks for pointing that out. I've no idea how that could've happened though since the site hasn't been touched in forever. I can look into it later, hopefully it's just a configuration issue and the actual files are still there. At the moment however I'm having some ISP issues that prevent me from accessing the maintenance tools of this site, so it'll have to wait a week or two.

Once I have my net access fully restored I can at least re-upload the missing zip files as I have those maps in my own archives -- they're mostly the Islamic world in different centuries, so if you have newmaps4 you pretty much know what to expect from them. If the separate images you linked to are actually gone from the server though, I don't think there's much we can do about that, as I don't have copies of those myself and the Apolyton backups are probably too recent to include them (I can only assume they've been missing for some time).

Since you're looking for resource maps specifically, I could once I have full net access again also upload a batch of resource maps from every continent that I also have in my own archives, which I don't think came from Harlan's collection (no idea where I did find them, but I'd be happy to share). They're modern maps though, so if you're looking for the situation in 500 BC or whatever I can't help you with that (this site did inspire me to buy a few historic atlases for myself, which have proven to be invaluable resources for Civ development and have tons of info like this, but my scanner broke years ago and I never bothered to replace it (wasn't using it much anyway) so I can't scan in new maps for you).

In case I forget: if you don't see me post an update on this in the next 2 weeks, feel free to send me a PM to remind me if you're still interested.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
    X