Using the WorldBuilder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the WorldBuilder

I'm continuing my thread from the general area here, since my questions are starting to sound a bit tehcnical (at least to me, but then I'm a newbie!).

So here's what I'm doing: I'm using the WorldBuilder and adjusting WBS files to create a 'tweaked' game map for a game with my Fiancee. We tend to like a certain type of island/continent start.

Okay, so here's my first head-scratcher... WBS files show start locations for each player. They have X and Y coordinates.

a) In WorldBuilder can I see the X and Y coordinates of a particular square somehow?

b) If I move the settler and scout/warrior for a civ from their start location to another place, will that screw up the AI who's set the 'StartingX=63, StartingY=57' line to have the settler in a particular place. Do I need to adjust that line in the WBS to show the new X and Y coordinates? What I actually do is delete the original units and create new ones where I'd like the civ to start, because I can't figure how to actually move a unit in WorldBuilder,but I'm not sure that makes a difference.

Thanks for all the help you guys have been giving me over on the general forums. As I've said before, I appreciate it lots.
    -M-
    Martin
    All Round Good Egg

Second problem... I've set up a map and realised that I really want another couple of civs in there. I created the game with 12 civs and really need 14. Can I add a new player bit to the WBS file for two more civs, in the Team=13 and Team=14 slots, and then add their units if I open the scenario in the WorldBuilder without causing a real mess of the code? Or, is that something you can't change once you've set up the game and hit the 'launch game' button?
    -M-
    Martin
    All Round Good Egg

Comment

In my WBS file, what does 'WhiteFlag=' do for a player? I see it can be either 0 or 1, but what do those two states mean?

Example, from a WBS file I just created in WorldBuilder:

BeginPlayer
      Team=1
      LeaderType=LEADER_WANGKON
      LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_WANGKON
      CivDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_KOREA_DESC
      CivShortDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_KOREA_SHORT_DESC
      CivAdjective=TXT_KEY_CIV_KOREA_ADJECTIVE
      FlagDecal=Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_KoreanSymbol.dds
      WhiteFlag=0
      CivType=CIVILIZATION_KOREA
      Color=PLAYERCOLOR_DARK_CYAN
      ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_ASIAN
      PlayableCiv=1
      MinorNationStatus=0
      StartingGold=0
      StartingX=9, StartingY=3
      StateReligion=
      StartingEra=ERA_ANCIENT
      RandomStartLocation=false
      CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT, Civic=CIVIC_DESPOTISM
      CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LEGAL, Civic=CIVIC_BARBARISM
      CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LABOR, Civic=CIVIC_TRIBALISM
      CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_ECONOMY, Civic=CIVIC_DECENTRALIZATION
      CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_RELIGION, Civic=CIVIC_PAGANISM
      Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
      EndPlayer
      -M-
      Martin
      All Round Good Egg

Comment

Re: Using the WorldBuilder

Originally posted by AllRoundGoodEgg a) In WorldBuilder can I see the X and Y coordinates of a particular square somehow?
        Alt? I'm not really sure TBH.

b) If I move the settler and scout/warrior for a civ from their start location to another place, will that screw up the AI who's set the 'StartingX=63, StartingY=57' line to have the settler in a particular place. Do I need to adjust that line in the WBS to show the new X and Y coordinates? What I actually do is delete the original units and create new ones where I'd like the civ to start, because I can't figure how to actually move a unit in WorldBuilder,but I'm not sure that makes a difference.
        No, it shouldn't stuff up the AI at all. Really, the startx and starty values are only important if you start with no units on the map. Then you can set an affinity for a civ to start in a plot with those values.

Comment

Originally posted by AllRoundGoodEgg
          Second problem... I've set up a map and realised that I really want another couple of civs in there. I created the game with 12 civs and really need 14. Can I add a new player bit to the WBS file for two more civs, in the Team=13 and Team=14 slots, and then add their units if I open the scenario in the WorldBuilder without causing a real mess of the code? Or, is that something you can't change once you've set up the game and hit the 'launch game' button?
          The best way to do this is to define your two new civs in the WBS file direct, then add a single unit for those two civs in plot (0,0). That way once you get back into the world builder you can easily and quickly find those two units to remove and place where they should be.

But you must have at least one unit/city for each civ on game start, or they die immediately and become inaccessible in world builder.

Comment

Originally posted by AllRoundGoodEgg
            In my WBS file, what does 'WhiteFlag=' do for a player? I see it can be either 0 or 1, but what do those two states mean?
            WhiteFlag just determines whether the background of the flag is white or the player's colour. This is only relevant for the transparent parts of the civ's dds flag.

Comment

That's brilliant, Dale. Thank you for your responses. They're greatly appreciated.
              -M-
              Martin
              All Round Good Egg

Comment

Working...
              X