Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BtS Mod] WOLFSHANZE MOD (Industrial Age & Naval)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, new to these forums and love this mod, don't play the game without it anymore *hopes this is sufficient bribery for the upcoming request* but I'm wondering if it would be possible to add the Typhoon as the English modern jet please (and maybe a few other European nations and Japan) as it's been in service a while now. I've found some skins if you'd be willing to:

Original model was made by Snafusmith :confused: Here is new skins for following civs: - Saudi Arabia - Germany - Italy - Spain - UK

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
      Possible memory-leak with this MOD.

please see THIS thread for details.
      I'm also having problem with that memory leak thingy. It usually happens at around 1000 AD on Epic and unusualy enough before 0AD on normal speed. 12 civilizations in both cases, so it does not seem bound by amount of units or such.
      Seems like I will be stuck with vanilla BtS... It is totally unplayable when crashing every 3-4 turns.
      Ohh in Epic..it often crashes when another civ wanna speak to me. I hear that civ's musik for 1-2 seconds then the game crashes.

Comment

• @Wolf: Any plans to expand on helicopters in the game as well?
        I'm thinking they're relatively ignored now.

I had some ideas to expand with minimal new units, and some units promotions to represent airmobile/air assault and ASW helicopters.

1. M*A*S*H evac helicopters unit. Basically a medic promotions only unit with good mobility so it could fly between stacks, to represent both the helicopters and the field medical hospitals. Possibly has an ingrained medic promotion that stacks with the Medic 1 promotion, and maybe requires the Red Cross to be built first.
        Unit graphic could be a Huey with red-cross/red-crescent/red-buddha? painted on it.
        Possibly available with 'Flight' ( Technically the Nazi's had the first military helicopter).

2. Airmobile (101st) as a national wonder and infantry/artillery promotion. Basically a 'Fort Campbell' national wonder that gives a free 'airmobile/air assault' promotion to any infantry/marine/artillery unit constructed at that city. Possibly try to get it so such units require extra hammers to build, or the wonder charges the city x hammers/y gold per turn (to represent cost of construction/maintenance of the helicopters).
        Advantage of the promotion would be that the unit's 'fly' ignoring river crossing penalties, and generally move faster than when un-promoted.
        Promotion graphic could look like a UH-1.

3. ASW helicopters as automatic tech promotions for appropriate ships. Basically a research the tech, and a select group of units automatically gets the ASW promotion. Maybe add the requirement of a national wonder as well.
        Promotion advantages would be free Sentry and 30% vs. submarines, or similar.
        Promotion graphic could look like a SH-3 Sea King, with maybe a submarine showing.

4. Also I think the Gunship shouldn't need Satellites as a pre-req, though Rocketry is logical. Possibly it'd need it's own tech (Helicopters? branching off of flight). Also possibly create two separate units. A Gunship and a Heavy Gunship (with Composites tech?). Heavy gunship would get a free Ambush promotion.
        If it's not on the schedule, I was thinking about maybe writing a minimod to turn over to you for review for inclusion.

Thoughts? Criticisms?

Comment

• Wolfshanze, I got something in the works you might like. Let me know what you guys think of this....

I am going to have him retextured in the face and hair a bit (make his hair a bit more brown/lighter, maybe give him a more "tired" look. And of course add an armband, but I think this is as good a Hitler as we've seen anywhere yet.
          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Wolf, you're going to have to find a new server to host your mod.

Filefront is no more.

Comment

• Does anybody know what's up with Wolf. I keep coming back looking for updates but nothing lately. Is he even supporting this anymore? I sure hope so. I think this is one of the best mods out there. Almost never play without it.

Comment

• Originally posted by arstal View Post
                Wolf, you're going to have to find a new server to host your mod.

Filefront is no more.
                Actually that was a vicious rumor.

(Seriously, it was bought "back" by the original owners, so it's now staying in business.)

Comment

• Wolf if you're still around, there is a bug that can (rarely but it happens) cause a reproduceable game breaking crash. Native_America.nif is incorrect in the CityLSystem and CityPSystem XML files, it's native_american.nif, fixing this solved the game from crashing when I finally tracked this down from a user's report of WolfRevolution, and this is a base Wolfshanze art bug. It's strange though, it seems to crash very few games, even games with native americans in them can be played through without this crash occuring, but it can crash due to this, and if it does, it's game breaking.

Comment

• Phungus, how would we edit the xml to fix this ourselves?

Comment

• Simple fix really:
                      Open up the CIV4CityLSystem.xml and CIV4PlotLSystem.xml files found in the XML/Buildings folder and change all references to Native_America.nif to native_american.nif

Or alternatively, play WolfRevolution, and just turn off all the revolutions options at game start if you don't like them, since WolfRevolution is still supported, and still gets better AI and unoficial patch updates.

Comment

• Multiplayer

Hey guys, any tips on how to connect to a hosted server so my buddies and I can play some multiplayer Wolfshanze 2.85?

We've tried the usual approach thru Gamespy, but that doesn't seem to work. We can see each other in the lobby, but if someone starts a new game, the server doesn't appear. I'm assuming that somehow, Gamespy is refusing to host the mod (copyright restrictions?)

I've also tried direct IP, but in most cases a connection is not possible, and if one is achieved, only one player can join, not two or more.

Like most of you, once Wolfshanze came along, all i play in SP is the mod. But in MP we are stuck with vanilla BTS.

BTW, thanks Wolf for a fab mod! Been running 2.85 for months now, with no probs, and so have several of my buds.
                        "Whiskey if for drinking, and water is for fighting over"
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

• Is Wolf around anymore

Comment

• I've "lurked" this forum since Wolf moved here from Civfanatics. I figured he was getting burned out but I was hoping he'd finish his last project before he was done.

No complaints here, even if he never posts again his contributions to the game has totally extended the life of it and I play it still today because of this mod.

Comment

• New version of WolfRevolution released:

Wolfshanze's Revolution 1.4.0 Download

I've started a new project which takes the concepts introduced in the Wolfhsanze Mod, and subsequently WolfRevolution farther. Because of this I've removed all changes made to the base mods in the WolfRevolution. Wolfshanze's Revolution 1.4.0 is a pure Wolfshanze mod 2.85 & RevolutionDCM 1.02 merge.

I recommend trying out my new mod, Legends of Revolution. It adds units that were planned for Wolfshanze, like Motorized Infantry. And really takes the game to the next level. If you enjoyed WolfRevolution, you're going to love Legends.

Legends of Revolution: Unofficial Expansion Project

Comment

• Ok Phungus, I'll give it a try. 1.40 Wolfhanze's Revolution.

Comment

Working...
                                X