Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BtS Mod] WOLFSHANZE MOD (Industrial Age & Naval)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, looking forward to seeing what you have next and any new units and things added into 2.86 that happen. Like I don't know a better anti-aircraft progression perhaps that happens at the same time as the aircraft. Something like WWI Mobile AA with The early Biplane, WWII Mobile AA with something like the M16 Flak Half-track and then at rocketry or advanced flight the mobile SAM. Just a little bit of a thought for you from Healz....
    Air Power support for all other units to the max!!!

Comment

• That brings up an interesting point. Wolf, why haven't you incorporated ground based AA into the mod, like flak cannons?

Comment

• Originally posted by phungus420
        That brings up an interesting point. Wolf, why haven't you incorporated ground based AA into the mod, like flak cannons?
        Because airpower is nerfed-enough in Civ4 as-is... it doesn't need to be nerfed any more then it already is... I've had a lengthy discussion about this in the CFC thread already.
        Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

• For the curious, the new ship which will appear in the next version of the Wolfshanze Mod is the The Bretagne... she was a dreadnought of the French Navy, and the lead ship of her class. She was named in honour of the French region of Bretagne, and was built by Arsenal de Brest.

Her keel was laid down on 1 July 1912, and she was launched on 21 April 1913. She was completed in September 1915 and carried a main armament of ten of the new 340 mm (13.4 in) main guns mounted two per turret; two centerline superfiring forward, two centerline superfiring aft and one amidships centerline turret that could fire to both sides. These 340 mm main guns had come from the cancelled Normandie-class dreadnoughts.

The Bretagne was blown up and sunk by naval gunfire from the British battleships HMS Valiant, HMS Resolution and battlecruiser HMS Hood at Mers-el-Kebir on 3 July 1940, with the loss of 977 French sailors.

Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

• I know Merged Mod has flak cannons, so maybe you could use those in WolfRev if you wanted to put those in.

I do have to ask the question to Wolf though- why don't you buff up airpower even more then you have then? I wouldn't mind that.

Comment

• Any ideas on when we will see the next version of Wolfshanze Mod? Just asking out of interest as perhaps Christmas, New Year was bandied around but Christmas is gone and New Years almost is as well, especially where I am, in Australia.
              Air Power support for all other units to the max!!!

Comment

• Wolf, don't know why you left CFC and not sure it's any of my business. I just happy I found you again. Got to keep up to date on your mod.

One of the best! Almost never play without it anymore. Keep up the good work!

Comment

• Hey Wolfshanze, possibly a bad poly or something here

Comment

• Nah, just probably wolf want to see a mug run with it, bring back a motorized infantry model he could use, you know...

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 31, 2010, 16:02.
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfshanze View Post
                        For the curious, the new ship which will appear in the next version of the Wolfshanze Mod is the The Bretagne... she was a dreadnought of the French Navy, and the lead ship of her class. She was named in honour of the French region of Bretagne, and was built by Arsenal de Brest.
                        Who's doing the model?
                        But if we don't kill nature, how do we build our houses?

Comment

• Anybody seen wolf

Anybody heard from Wolf lately or have any news when 2.86 is coming out?

Comment

• He's around. Probably just hasn't felt like posting.

(Maybe because he knows he'll be pestered about the new version . Everyone's allowed time off, or else they burn out. Still, I'm sure he'll appreciate that we miss him and hope he's doing ok.)

(You can see a person's last login time/date in their profile.)

Speaking of the new version, was playing the other day and got the Overwhelm Doctrine event. Was kind of excited about it, since it really plays into the Wolf mod with ships and such. Still, I couldn't get it to work even though I fulfilled the requirements. I poked around the XML to see what was going on and couldn't figure it out. Anyway I think that event is in the basic BtS so it's probably their fault and isn't the Mod per se.

Comment

• is the overwhelm doctrine the one where you are supposed to build certain amounts of ships??

Comment

• You have to build a carrier fleet. Something like 4 DDs, 2 BBs, 2 CVs, and 6 VFs or VFBs.

Comment

Working...
                                X