Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Deity harder

Hi all

I am looking for advice on how to make deity harder. My son is a very good player and has mastered vanilla deity in BtS on the huge world map I downloaded and modified (he is only interested in the real world maps).

I noticed when I made his rivals better by adding a settler to each, that the game became more of a challenge, but that's only any good if I know what Civ he is going to pick. What I was hoping for was some way to mod the game so that no matter who he picks, the rival Civs give him more of a challenge.

Can anyone advise me?

You can go into the difficulty levels XML (Civ4HandicapInfos in the GameInfos folder).

I made a subset of that file (just containing deity) with some suggestions here: http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...tyhandicap.txt

I didn't actually change the file (and don't copy and paste that in directly, as that's probably from a (much) older version of civ, possibly vanilla even; it's what I had in my upload directory. Just use the file's comments as a guide for where to edit.)

You could also suggest he play multiplayer, as there's a point at which only another human can provide competition We play a game saturday evenings if he's interested (check the Rah's Saturday Game thread in the MP forum), though I don't think any of us are up to Deity level in SP (though often SP players have a challenge in MP simply because it's a very different game).
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
    X