X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World 2008 Mod

World 2008
    Emulating today's world in BtS

The mod is currently at a Pre-Alpha stage.
    I'm posting this here very early to see if there's any interest in 'Poly users joining the project, either as modders, guys or simply as people who know a lot about modern warfare, who we can consult.

We are looking for an SDK coder and a Pythonist to help us, as we have a lot of complicated things we want to achieve.

If you're interested, check out our public forum on CFC, or come chat with us in our Jabber chatroom .

Roadmap:

Version:
    Civs and leaders added (XML)
    Basic tech tree completed

Basic units and buildings added (XML)
    Map created + cities placed

Unique units and buildings added
    Wonders added
    Other features drawn up and finalised

Corporations and ideologies added
    Civics added
    Private alpha testing begins

Units and buildings added to map
    Features added
    Some events added
    More complicated features drawn up and finalised

Start implementing complicated features
    Private beta testing begins

Begin adding better artwork
    Complicated features working to some degree

Wonders, corporations, ideologies etc. added to map
    Balancing begins
    Public beta

Minor map editing
    Most complicated features complete
    Final beta testing
    More balancing

Release

Post 1.0
    Further development
    The World 2009 Mod Forum - Come and contribute! Modders and beta testers wanted!
    My Graphics: Explorers - Leaderhead Gallery - - - The BtS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG) Mod Forum - 3.51 Now Out - - - The Leaders Project @ CivJunction
    World of Civilization Modding Platform for BtS
    - WoC is not a mod but an extension of the Modular XML Loading released with BtS...

I've checked out your forum, a very interesting mod. Unfortunately I don't have a login at CFC so I'll just give you feedback here.

There should be an EU civ that has major European countries as vassals. This represents the strength of the union, but also simulates its internal divisions and how it is hard for it to project power.

Major countries:
    France
    Germany+Austria+Lichenstein
    Italy
    Spain
    Poland

EU civ:
    All the other ones (Portugal, Greece, Slovenia, Ireland, ...)

The UK should have open borders and a defensive pact with the EU and USA, but not be a vassal of either. In 2010 the UK has a referendum (event) and it can choose whether it becomes a vassal of the US, the EU or if it remains an independent country (this will have the malus of the UK having -1 trade route per city, but it will gain +1 happiness in all cities). It also has open borders and defence pacts with Canada, New Zeland and Australia.

Independant European countries get events that can vasselize them to the EU as well. Conditions: EU country as neighbour, is in Europe, has the right civics and has a high enough income.

You could actually make this a quest.

Belorussia and Ukraine have an alternative quest (enter union with Russia) and choose which one to follow.

Color Scheme:

EU- Dark blue, no question about this, any map of Europe I have ever seen puts the EU as dark blue

Russia- White, it was the color of the Czarist forces in Russia during the civil war. Now that Russia isn't communist anymore (red) it seems appropriate. Also it was the color it had in Civ2.

Germany- same as civ4
    France- Light Blue?
    Italy- Light Green
    Spain- Yellow (Mexico and several Latin American countries can have variations of this)
    UK- Imperial Pink
    Poland- Some kind of Red-Brownish hue
    China- Communist red
    Canada- Some kind of redRed
    USA- Same color as in Civ4

Feel free to re-post my proposal on CFC.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

*Bump*

If there is anyone else around who wants to help out, we're kick-starting this mod again, and we're looking for more people to help out.
      The World 2009 Mod Forum - Come and contribute! Modders and beta testers wanted!
      My Graphics: Explorers - Leaderhead Gallery - - - The BtS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG) Mod Forum - 3.51 Now Out - - - The Leaders Project @ CivJunction
      World of Civilization Modding Platform for BtS
      - WoC is not a mod but an extension of the Modular XML Loading released with BtS...

Comment

Last edited by Exeter74; December 26, 2008, 11:36.

Comment

Working...
        X