Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BtS Scenario] A People in Need

A People in Need

A new ice age is descending upon the land, and the traditional farms and fishing villages of the Viking settlements are slowly being swallowed by the encroaching glaciers. Faced with the prospect of the starvation of your people, you as Ragnar turn your attentions to the peoples of the south: they are weak and fat, and in time they shall learn to fear the sound of the Vikings war horns leading your Berserkers to battle. For your people, slowly being starved out of your ancestral homes, are a people in need, and a people in need are a dangerous people indeed!
    But beware, for your Vikings might not be the only peoples in need……

This scenario allows you to play the Vikings in the traditional sense: establish a new homeland, explore distant lands, sail the high seas, and otherwise do the things that are the stuff of Norse legends!

Directions

1. Download and unzip APiN to your BtS Worldbuilder folder.
    2. Start BtS, select “Play a Scenario” and load in APiN.
    3. You will be playing as the Vikings. Choose your desired difficulty level.

Note: Aggressive AI is not selected for this scenario. If you want to have it enabled, then go thru the custom menu.
    Attached Files

Think I'll try this one, mainly 'cause I'm a Viking myself, hehe Looks interesting. Does it work with Buric's patch?

Comment

Sounds interesting. Giving it a go shortly...

Comment

Originally posted by MoonWolf
        Does it work with Buric's patch?
        I don't have Bhuric's patch installed, so don't know the answer to that one. However considering its just a wbs file, I don't think there should be an issue.

D

Comment

Then it should be fine I'll aim to give it a try now during the Easter holidays

Comment

Originally posted by MoonWolf
            I'll aim to give it a try now during the Easter holidays
            Afterwards if you can give a brief synopsis of "I liked it because...." or "I didn't like it because...." I'd appreciate it, as the feedback would go towards me generating better scenarios in the future.

D

Comment

Okay, I've played three games now.

Overall, I have enjoyed the scenario. Berserkers are much fun!

The first game, I was doing great - sent almost all my unit across the see to invade the celtic lands. Took Persopolis, Susa, Sardis and Bactra will minimal losses (my chariot, one swordsman, one berserker and all my cattys). Boudicea tried to rally back, gathering enough forces to likely take back Persopolis and one other. Fortunately she was amenable to a cease-fire. On the same turn as we brought hostilities to an end, I discovered machinery. Which meant that the peacetime would be full of me building up more berserkers to finish taking over the land.

Unforutnately, I was first into the medieval age, so a barbarian uprising appeared on my northern borders. Two turns later my capital and my highest production city were in their hands. I quit out of disgust with myself for leaving my core so undefended.

Anyway, things I didn't enjoy so much:
              1) For the Vikings, there is no choice in how you play. You HAVE to go to war with Boudicea. The viking ships have no clear sea passage anywhere else. If my half-remembered history is correct, this isn't very accurate, I though the Viks sailed everywhere.

2) In all three games, I was given the founding of either Judaism or Hinduism. I realize this is a side-effect of the tech-tree, but it was still rather disconcerting.

Other than that, great scenario! Looking forward to more.

Comment

Working...
              X