[BtS-3.13] CivCustomiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BtS-3.13] CivCustomiser

Civ Customiser for Beyond the Sword 3.13!

Play with any leader, any traits, any starting techs, any UU's and any UB's for a Civ! Pick and choose how YOU want your leader setup.

Instructions:
    1. Download the mod from here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...o=file&id=6629
    2. Install and select your Mods folder: ..\Sid Meiers Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\
    3. Launch BtS and switch to mod CivCustomiser.
    4. Play as you normally would.

How to use:
    The important section. How to "use" the mod.

When you start a new game (Quick Game or Custom Game) you must choose the Civ you want to play. It doesn't matter about the leader as you can change that later.

During startup of the game you'll be presented with windows which allow you to customise your Civ. Once finished you progress to the Dawn of Man window and start playing.

Leader:

This window allows you to pick a leader for your Civ. Simply click on the leader's name you wish to play. There are options to randomise leaders.

Traits:

This window allows you to pick the traits for your leader. By clicking on the buttons you can turn that trait on or off. A current list of traits is always shown at the top of the window. Click Finished when you are completed. There are options to randomise traits.

Starting Techs:

This window allows you to set your starting techs. By clicking on the tech buttons you can turn it on or off. A current list of traits is always shown at the top of the window. Click Finished when you are completed.

Unique Buildings:

This window allows you to set your unique buildings. Each building class is listed and a pull-down list of all buildings in the game. To leave a building class using it's default building (EG: Barracks = Barracks) then simply leave the button on Default. To change a building class so you have a unique building use the pull-down list to select the replacement building (EG: Barracks = Ishkanda). Note that it is possible to have ANY building as that classes default (EG: Granary = Great Wall). And IT WILL WORK IN-GAME! Click Finished when you are completed.

Unique Units:

This window allows you to set your unique units. Each unit class is listed and a pull-down list of all units in the game. To leave a unit class using it's default unit (EG: Worker = Worker) then simply leave the button on Default. To change a unit class so you have a unique unit use the pull-down list to select the replacement unit (EG: Swordsman = Pretorian). Note that it is possible to have ANY unit as that classes default (EG: Warrior = Great Engineer). And IT WILL WORK IN-GAME! Click Finished when you are completed.

After this you proceed normally for the game. You will notice that the Dawn of Man screen will update automatically with your changes.

Enjoy the mod.

Nice Dale. Took me a bit to get it working (helps to read the instructions properly ) Just want to check, this only works with standard units etc, not the RtW content right? Or am i still just not doing things right.

Dan

ps I hope its not impolite to talk about modding someone else's mod for personal use.

Comment

Originally posted by danrh
      Nice Dale. Took me a bit to get it working (helps to read the instructions properly ) Just want to check, this only works with standard units etc, not the RtW content right? Or am i still just not doing things right.
      This one works with the standard game, not with any other content (unless you strip it into that mod as well).

ps I hope its not impolite to talk about modding someone else's mod for personal use.
      No it's perfectly fine. I provide all my components for the benefit of the entire Civ community. Use them as you wish. The only thing I ask for is that I get mentioned in the credits of the mod for what you use of mine.

Comment

Working...
      X