• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JKP1187's Random Events for BtS 3.13

JKP1187's Events v. 1.21

DOWNLOAD HERE:

DISCUSSION THREAD:

JKP1187's Events v. 1.21 DOWNLOAD HERE: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7691 Setup: It's probably easiest to save and use this as a mod (unless you're merging it with something else). Unzip the file in the path: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization...

In brief, thanks to Solver for providing a how-to guide to modding events, and Maki for suggesting in one of the recent Polycasts a random event involving striking workers getting gunned down by the Army.

LIST OF EVENTS:

1.) Battle Lasers
    2.) Futbol War
    3.) Napalm
    4.) Billions and Billions
    5.) Reactive Armor
    6.) Greek Fire
    7.) Free Enterprise
    8.) Fiat Money
    9.) Crossing the Rubicon
    10.) The Generals' Putsch
    11.) Cure for Cancer
    12.) Carnation Revolution
    13.) Synthetic Fuels
    14.) Alternative Energy (quest)
    15.) More Fiat Money
    16.) Industrial Action
    17.) Darwin's Voyage
    18.) The Buccaneers
    19.) Blackbeard
    20.) Pirates of the Neutral Zones
    21.) Malaccan Pirates
    22.) Henry Morgan
    23.) Stede Bonnet
    24.) The Corsairs
    25.) Illyrian Pirates
    26.) Mahdi Army
    27.) The Taliban
    28.) V_Ger
    Last edited by jkp1187; March 3, 2008, 11:08.
    "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

looks cool. I was thinking of making a "bombing" event similar to the crashing airplane (those things happen often in the game). Just to simulate a more radical and dangerous world after mass media.

Another one was to have gang violence and different celebrity gaffs, but haven't thought those through.
    Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

There's definitely some possibilities there. I'm taking a little break from modding for the month...things are busy at work, and my wife was starting to look concerned as I was spending so much time on the computer, but if I hear some good suggestions I might be game to implement them in January.

In any event, feedback on the events is welcome. The thread I linked to at "another forum" has a post describing each event in detail.

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Updated to v.0.985 -- corrected a few balance issues, no new events. Should be backward-save compatible.

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Updated to v.0.99 -- a couple of new events, a few more tweaks, added CFC Hall of Fame fix to Partisans.

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Updated to 1.01.

Added new Pirate-related events:

Illyrian Pirates
            The Corsairs
            Stede Bonnet
            Henry Morgan
            Malaccan Pirates
            Pirates of the Neutral Zones

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Updated to 1.15. See CFC discussion thread linked above for full details.

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Updated to 1.17.

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Updated to 1.21 -- mostly behind-the-scenes stuff, but also fixed a couple of minor bugs in one or two events.

-Matt Groenig

Comment

I'd like to add this to Dale Combat mod but you suggest that we load this as a mod... can I add this to the core game? How to do?
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                      I'd like to add this to Dale Combat mod but you suggest that we load this as a mod... can I add this to the core game? How to do?

Should be easy as pie. Copy all of the DCM to a new subfolder in your main BTS mod folder. (Call it "DCM + JKP Events", let's say.) Then just copy the folder structure from the JKP Events folder into the DCM + JKP Events folder. As long as there's no overlap between the files (and I do not believe there will be), the two mods will then be integrated.

I would not recommend adding this (or any mod) into your core game. (The events mod really only changes a few files, but it's the principle of data integrity that I'm worried about.) If you want, you can always set up a shortcut on your desktop that will automatically load a mod if you always like to play it.

In the alternative, you can always set up your Civ4 INI file so that a specific mod is always loaded. (Setting up shortcuts is probably preferable, though.)

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Oh...to create a shortcut:

You can also create a shortcut that will automatically load the mod. You'll need to set the target to:

"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=/JKP1187's EVENTS (or whatever the mod folder name is)

the Start-In line should read:

"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword"

(This also may vary if you installed BtS to something other than the default folder.)

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Does this mod crash with Bhuric's patch?

Comment

Nope. In fact, it assumes you are using it -- I never bothered testing it WITHOUT Bhuric's patch (though it probably would still work -- just XML and python coding, nothing SDK-related.)

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Working...
                            X