Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error creating new unit... What is the problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error creating new unit... What is the problem?

I tried adding Cruisers to my basic BtS. I took the appropriate entries out of the 'Road to War' mod and as far as I can tell correctly imported them into the various files that I put into the custom assets folder. After a little debugging with actually helpful error messages, they do work in the civilopedia, but during the XML check on startup I get an error message that is as helpful as one from Micro$oft:

(This is not the exact message since I am not at home to check atm, I will put in the correct one tomorrow if there is no solution until then, but this is what I remember

Tag: 1 is wrong in class info.
    Current file: CIV4unitinfos.xml

Anyone know what the problem could be? Like I said, it appears correctly in the Civilopedia, but due to the error I dread to start a game with it only to crash eventually. I also cannot load my savegames with it, but that might be natural due to the different databases.

Or alternatively, are there any good guides for simply adding your own units to the basic game (Or heaven forbid, an actual editor for this kind of stuff that automatically modifies the 587 XML files that relate to one unit?)

Id go ask this question over at civfanatics as its doubtful you'll ever get a response here as there is so little modding activity going on over here. I had a problem adding a unit as well I asked it here and I still don't have a response, at cf I got one in about a day.

good luck, hope it works out for you.
    As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
    atrocities.
    - Voltaire

Comment

In addition to CIV4UnitInfos.xml there is the file ...
      CIV4UnitClassInfos.xml

You need it to define a reference from UnitInfos (UNITCLASS_WW2_CRUISER). Copy the segment from the RTW file as appropriate.

Comment

I did that in the Unitclassinfos already.
        I guess I will try civfanatics, thanks for the hint!

Comment

Working...
        X