Setting up Visual Studio 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Visual Studio 2005

I've having trouble getting Visual Studio 2005 set up properly . I was using the instructions for the free version of studio, so that may be the problem. When I try to compile I get this error:

1>------ Build started: Project: 3.13, Configuration: Final_Release Win32 ------
    1>Performing Makefile project actions
    1>Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.42
    1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    1>NMAKE : fatal error U1052: file 'Final_Release' not found
    1>Stop.
    1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"
    1>Build log was saved at "file://g:\Documents and Settings\Methos\My Documents\HoF Staff\Working\3.13\Final_Release\BuildLog.htm"
    1>3.13 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    The log shows:
    Build Log

Build started: Project: 3.13, Configuration: Final_Release|Win32

Command Lines

Creating temporary file "G:\DOCUME~1\DUSTIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\BAT000001574021 96.bat" with contents
    [
    @echo off

nmake Final_Release

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError

goto VCEnd

:VCReportError

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"

exit 1

:VCEnd
    ]
    Creating command line "G:\DOCUME~1\DUSTIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\BAT000001574021 96.bat"

Output Window

Performing Makefile project actions
    Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.42
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1052: file 'Final_Release' not found
    Stop.
    Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"

Results

Build log was saved at "file://g:\Documents and Settings\Dustin Stark\My Documents\HoF Staff\Working\3.13\Final_Release\BuildLog.htm"
    3.13 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    My current setup is:

Any thoughts or ideas?
    Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

I thought you needed the 2003 devenv to compile Civ, not 2005?
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I've found a thread at CFC that discusses how to set it up so you can use the 2005 version. The problem is, that debugging doesn't work right when compiling. I'm going to just use the 2003 toolkit/codeblock combo.
      Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
      X