[BtS] Civ Customiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BtS] Civ Customiser

Civ Customiser for Beyond the Sword 3.02!

Play with any leader, any traits, any starting techs, any UU's and any UB's for a Civ! Pick and choose how YOU want your leader setup.

Instructions:
    1. Download the mod. http://rtw.apolyton.net/files/BtS-CivCustomiser.zip
    2. Unzip to ..\Beyond the Sword\Mods\
    3. Launch BtS and switch to mod CivCustomiser.
    4. Play as you normally would.

How to use:
    The important section. How to "use" the mod.

When you start a new game (Quick Game or Custom Game) you must choose the Civ you want to play. It doesn't matter about the leader as you can change that later.

During startup of the game you'll be presented with windows which allow you to customise your Civ. Once finished you progress to the Dawn of Man window and start playing.

Leader:

This window allows you to pick a leader for your Civ. Simply click on the leader's name you wish to play. There are options to randomise leaders.

Traits:

This window allows you to pick the traits for your leader. By clicking on the buttons you can turn that trait on or off. A current list of traits is always shown at the top of the window. Click Finished when you are completed. There are options to randomise traits.

Starting Techs:

This window allows you to set your starting techs. By clicking on the tech buttons you can turn it on or off. A current list of traits is always shown at the top of the window. Click Finished when you are completed.

Unique Buildings:

This window allows you to set your unique buildings. Each building class is listed and a pull-down list of all buildings in the game. To leave a building class using it's default building (EG: Barracks = Barracks) then simply leave the button on Default. To change a building class so you have a unique building use the pull-down list to select the replacement building (EG: Barracks = Ishkanda). Note that it is possible to have ANY building as that classes default (EG: Granary = Great Wall). And IT WILL WORK IN-GAME! Click Finished when you are completed.

Unique Units:

This window allows you to set your unique units. Each unit class is listed and a pull-down list of all units in the game. To leave a unit class using it's default unit (EG: Worker = Worker) then simply leave the button on Default. To change a unit class so you have a unique unit use the pull-down list to select the replacement unit (EG: Swordsman = Pretorian). Note that it is possible to have ANY unit as that classes default (EG: Warrior = Great Engineer). And IT WILL WORK IN-GAME! Click Finished when you are completed.

After this you proceed normally for the game. You will notice that the Dawn of Man screen will update automatically with your changes.

Enjoy the mod.

Kewl!

Thanks Dale.

One question - do you need to load the mod - or will this happen every game you play?
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Run it as a mod, but it doesn't change anything else.

Comment

Hey this looks very handy indeed, but I also have a single question since I am new to the mods thingy.

After being copied to the directory and ran if I should at some future point decide to completely remove the mod (or any other)do I need to just delete the directory or does it need to have some action taken "ingame" before removing the directory?

Thanks Dale!
        JustMe

Comment

You just need to delete the folder and it's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
            Run it as a mod, but it doesn't change anything else.
            Thanks Dale.
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Can this MOD allow the possiblity of no leader, or a leader without any traits, and a civlization without any starting techs or unique buildings?
              Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
              Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Yes and no.

You have to have a leader, but the rest can be set to none.

Comment

OK, thx. Having played this a bit, it would be handy to have an option to set the leader to have no traits no starting research, and no unique buildings or units with a single click on each screen since it is a bit messy at the moment. You have to hunt for the current traits, starting techs etc and switch them off one by one. I would also appreciate being able to set ALL civs to have no starting traits etc. or (now I think about it) to set all civs to have the same starting traits etc.

I also want to ask this - on the unique buildings screen, I changed the palace to walls which I got instead in my first city. This stopped any initial culture which is great, just what I wanted. However, does this mean I can only build one wall throughout my empire; that is to say, if I build another wall (after the appropriate research) that my initial wall disappears as the city with the new wall becomes the capital?
                  Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                  Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Working...
                  X