Smart Map Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Map Help

I play Civilization IV without Warlords expansion (don't own it yet) and I first downloaded and installed the latest official patch, then I downloaded and installed the Smart Map mod.

Smart Map works in all respects except for one problem; when I have the Terrain option set to Smart Map, and Feature option set to Smart Map, it still generates the traditional-script types of terrain (example: oases still only appear on deserts and never on plains or grasslands).

I want to be able to use the Feature option to generate oases on more types of terrain and along with any other altered generations that should be available through Smart Map.

Thank you for any help, guys.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...ighlight=oases

Well, SmartMap isn't designed to place oases on anything other than deserts and tundra. If it were failing to generate flood plains on any non-desert tiles there would be a problem.

Still, which version of SmartMap are you using? It's probably not difficult to get it to change its attitude towards placing Oases.
    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

Ah -- that is what I meant! It's not generating floodplains on grasslands or plains at all.

And I remember that sometimes, you can also get floodplains on hills. But for some reason, this generation of such features is not working at all.

Comment

Thanks for the link to my old thread, but I never got any replies in that one and since it's been so long, I wanted to just create a new one.

Comment

What version of SmartMap are you using?
          LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

I'm using version 8.7

Comment

Working...
            X