[Map Script] Planet Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Map Script] Planet Generator

I have recently added some fixes and modifications to this generator, hopefully you will like it! It should work with different mods and Warlords, and i also included version for mac users. However, if you notice some problems, please post about them, i will do my best to fix them. Also, i am waiting for any feedback as there is a lot of room to improve this script.

Quick preview of map variations this script is now capable:

Download version 0.44: Planet generator 0.44.zip

Instalation: extract archive to your "Public Maps" folder. It should be in "My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4" folder.

Map options:
    There are quite alot of settings in this script, so although it is accesible in "Play now" meniu, i recommend using "Custom map" section.

Continents
    From one huge pangaea to 18 continents. If continent distribution is set to "Smart Selection" it will make best choice to make those 18 continents fit even into duel map. However, it is not like archipelago, but if you want something close to that, decrease continent separation to 1 square.

Size of every continent depends on how many players will be in it.

Continent separation
    How many water tiles should separate continents. 3 is default. Select 4 for late civilization contact.

Continent distribution
    New setting. Curently you can:
    - force each continent to have at least one square on equator (if thats not possible, maps size is increased to make them fit)
    - make continents to be aligned in two or three rows
    - make continets to be aligned to center (this is especially cool with 3 - 5 continents)
    - use Smart Selection to make algorythm choose predefined way of distribution for selected amount of continents and map size

Continent shape
    From "Snaky" which spreads across the map to almost round one.

Percentage of ocean
    - From 30% to 70%.
    - Minimize ocean size: algorythm tries to grow continents as long as possible.
    If you select very low percentage of ocean, generation time increases dramatically.

Mountains (peaks)
    Controls peak distribution and grouping. Peaks should not block any terrain sections, except maybe for "extreme" setting.

Hills
    Same distribution options as for peaks.

Climate variation
    Climate is one of the reasons i made this script. No feature on terrain appears randomly, everything is based on temperature, humidity, distance from ocean or river.
    Climate variation controls how different climate is near poles from equator.

Humidity
    It controls amount of forests, jungles, and flood plains.

Temperature
    Equator temperature.
    - If you want almost same climate for all map, select such temperature for equator and set climate variation to "soft".
    - It is possible to generate very cold map, which would be real challenge to play . Well, if you want to try that, increase amount of flood plains, that should help

Flood plains
    Controls amount and distribution of flood plains. Now there is "standard" setting, which is meant to make flood plains like in standart generators. If you notice something wrong with it now, please tell me that.
    There are additional flood plain modes with more of them on snow, desert and tundra, or near oceans.

will give this one a go on next new game...thanks
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

there's a strange savegame bug for me

i'm using warlords + betterAI
      it crash 1 time for each 3 saves

It would be great to fix this (I don't know if someone else has this bug)

by the way, this map script is the best i've used to this day

Comment

I am really not aware about it, but i have never used BetterAI...

So, as i understand it does not happen without BetterAI?

Comment

Working...
        X