[SDK] (Warlords) LemmyTiles, yield to/from adjacent tiles + more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SDK] (Warlords) LemmyTiles, yield to/from adjacent tiles + more

A work in progress. Might look familiar to SMAC players.

The initial motivation behind this mod was to cut down on the improvement spam in the late game. It is currently inevitable that every tiles gets improved and railroaded, and usually it's only a few types of improvements that are all over the place.
    When i thought about it more, i wanted to make some improvements more important that others, more important to pillage and more important to protect.

Now i started working on this with the Warlords SDK, but i'm beginning to think this would've been better a Civ4 vanilla mod, since more people have that, and i dont think i use any Warlords specific things. So..i might just convert this to civ4 in the coming days/weeks.

UPDATE
    22/10/2006

I've converted it all to Civ4 vanilla (v1.61).
    I've also updated the yields of several improvements.

SDK Changes
    - Improvements can give yield bonuses to certain adjacent tiles
    - Improvements can get increased yields from being adjacent to certain tiles
    - Improvements are given a range, improvements cannot be placed if they are both in each other's range.
    - Improvement and Roads/Railroads may require upkeep (currently none require upkeep, barely tested)
    - Can pillage your own roads (previously you could only pillage your own improvements), which is useful if they're costing you gold to maintain

Game changes
    All of the following improvements have a range of 1. All other improvements have a range of 0. This basically means the following improvements may not be placed right next to each other, there must be at least 1 tile in between. Improvements with range 0 may still be placed next to them.

F = food
    P = production
    G = gold

Lumber Mill
    * Available at Bronze Working)
    +1P from Forests
    +1P from Forests with Replaceable Parts
    +0.5G from Forests if worked and has a Road
    +0.5G from Forests if worked and has a Railroad

Windmill
    +1F to Farms if worked
    +1G to Farms if worked, with Economics

Cottage
    +0.5G from improved adjacent tiles

Hamlet
    +1G from improved adjacent tiles

Village
    +1G from improved adjacent tiles
    +1G to improved adjacent tiles
    +0.5G from worked and improved adjacent tiles with Printing Press

Town
    +1G, +1P from improved adjacent tiles
    +1G to improved adjacent tiles
    +1G from worked and improved adjacent tiles with Printing Press

Future Changes
    Besides changes to the AI, interface and Civilopedia to take the current changes into account, i'm considering the following.

* Upkeep for roads and railroads (this is currently possible, but i want to update the Financial Advisor to display this first)
    * +1G from trade partners for every resource which is in the city radius and is connected to it. (to compensate the cost of connecting cities and resources)
    * Possibly bonuses to ranged tiles for having roads built on them
    * Maybe some changes to unit movement, to compensate for having less roads around

Clicketies to download
    Last edited by Lemmy; October 22, 2006, 07:50.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Great idea, very innovative I'm very busy ATM so I probably won't get along to testing this anytime soon, but I love the idea...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I would cut the Printing Press bonus for Village and Town to 0.25--they're already getting +1 gold on the Villiage/Town tile from Printing Press as it is.

Also, to balance out the fact that there will be fewer Villages/Towns this way, how about altering Universal Suffrage and Free Speech to give their bonuses to Villages as well as to Towns?

This whole concept reminds me slightly of the Condensers and Echelon Mirrors in SMAC, which improved the terrain around them and not just their own tile.

Lumber Mills: it may be simpler to handle just having +0.5 hammers for adjacent forests with Bronze Working, a second +0.5 with Replacable Parts, and a third +0.5 with Railroads (in addition to the +1 on the Lumber Mill tile itself) This would make it easier for players to estimate yields.

I would also give the +1 food bonus to farms adjacent to Windmills for areas that are away from rivers.
      Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

FYI: I'm converting what i have to civ4, but i dont really have a whole lot of time nowadays, so it might be a while before there's another update. I hope to get some work done this weekend and upload the civ4 version.
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

A week later than i hoped, but it's converted to civ4 v1.61. See the first post for the updated download. It'd be much appreciated if a mod could update the topic title and replace 'Warlords' with 'v1.61'.

I would cut the Printing Press bonus for Village and Town to 0.25--they're already getting +1 gold on the Villiage/Town tile from Printing Press as it is.

Also, to balance out the fact that there will be fewer Villages/Towns this way, how about altering Universal Suffrage and Free Speech to give their bonuses to Villages as well as to Towns?
          I updated cottages->towns again, but haven't really looked at the current bonuses they get. I might reduce them so that they get most of their yield from adjacent tiles....currently they could easily generate +20 gold if you also include what they give to adjacent tiles...the +5 gold or so they get in the current tile might not be needed.

Lumber Mills: it may be simpler to handle just having +0.5 hammers for adjacent forests with Bronze Working, a second +0.5 with Replacable Parts, and a third +0.5 with Railroads (in addition to the +1 on the Lumber Mill tile itself) This would make it easier for players to estimate yields.
          Good point about estimating yields..but i think 0.5 is too low, so i made it +1, and turned the road/railroad bonuses into gold bonuses.
          Last edited by Lemmy; October 22, 2006, 10:25.

Comment

Working...
          X