Q's about Units and Promotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q's about Units and Promotions

What i want is to add a new field to PromotionInfo, and also make it so that the value of this field is loaded from the XML.
    I've been poking around the SDK code some...still poking at it, and while i'm posting this i just found the read() functions in CvInfos....

So i'm guessing i just have to update these read and write functions to also read/write the new field, and add a value for the new field to the xml.

Moving on to my next question then.

Any ideas on how to make the unit art depend on the type of promotions a unit has?

I looked through the code, and it appears that the art info is associated with an entire unit class, and not with individual units.
    To get the art info of a specific unit, it looks like it first gets the unit class/unit id, and then use that to get the art info....so i dont think there is any simple way to do this...but suggestions welcome.
    Last edited by Lemmy; September 4, 2006, 14:06.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

So you want to be able to give (for example) camoflage to a unit who has Woodsman promotions?
    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

For example, yes. I want to assign a group to each promotion, and make it so that a unit can't have multiple promotions of the same group.
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

Wouldn't that restrict a unit from upgrading from say Woods I to Woods II?
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Nope, because you'd only have to put the lvl 1 promotions in the same group.

For example Woods I and Guerilla I could be in the same group.
          Woods II and Guerilla II wouldn't be in any group, since you can't get II without I. Then you'd have to choose between either the Woods or Guerilla line of promotions.
          Last edited by Lemmy; September 4, 2006, 16:17.

Comment

Working...
          X