Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding more settlers in a map script

Hi all:

I bought this game for the hotseat action and I want to know how to make the map we chose in our multiplayer game have 4 settlers instead of just one.

Please tell me what script or scripts that I need to change so I can speed up the first part of the game. We always start in ancient times and it takes over an hour before the fun begins. Having 4 settlers will speed things up.

Thanks to those who answer.

The simplest answer would be to use the Worldbuilder to add extra settlers before you play the first turn.
    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

I a hotseat game, worldbuilder does not work.

Thanks for your reply, though.

Comment

If you generate a map in singleplayer, then save it using the worldbuilder, you can then load it into a multiplayer game.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009

Comment

Good idea. It works, but it is a little sloppy and I cannot let the kids choose their own civilizations.

But otherwise, it is a good beginning. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

You can let them choose if you choose 'Custom Game' instead of 'Play Now'.

Comment

How many starting Settlers you have is set in the XML files, in Assets\XML\Civilizations\CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml to be precise (defined seperately for every civ). Increase all of the <FreeUnitClass> Settler values from 1 to 4 and you should get 4 starting Settlers.
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I wanted!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X