• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEAK as normal land tile

I searched all the forums, but found nothing

@all:
    I want to make:
    - Peaks passable (*)
    (maybe later :for human units passable. Not passable for mechanics units)
    (((or only passable for mechanics with roads))) but first it has to be a common workable/passable tile
    - road(*), mine(!), forrest(!) buildable on Peaks
    - In Cityscreen: citiy-people can work on peaks and gain ressources(!) (peak is like hill only higher)

(*) i can already do this
    (!) here friends i do need your help!
    Last edited by Thror78; August 17, 2006, 05:59.

You may be having troublebecause the tile doesn't need to be TERRAIN_PEAK to be a mountain. It just needs a PlotType=0.

I can check in WB when I get home but I'm pretty sure it doesn't change the terrain to anything special.

Tom P.

Comment

Thx Tom. Here's Tom 2. So 2 Toms are here :-)

I am not able to get the SDK set up correctly. Maybe you could compile it the way you suggested and post the new CvGameCoreDLL.dll.txt here? That'd be pretty cool!

I attached also the cvplot.cpp with some changings i thought of in Thread:

What do you think about that? Thx Tom

Comment

I don't know that you need the SDK for this (and I've never gotten it setup either).

What I would try is gut the CIV4TerrainInfos.xml and chage the graphics for TERRAIN_PEAK (it's gotta get the graphic info from somewhere). If that works you're in luck. Just change the TERRAIN_PEAK entry to be exactly the same as TERRAIN_HILL.

If it doesn't work you're pretty much SOL. I don't know where else that would be defined.

Tom P.

Comment

Changing the graphics would just give you unworkable hills (as well as workable ones).
          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

That and prove that the TERRAIN_PEAK entry is being used by the game to some extent.

Then all we have to do is change the graphics back to mountans and copy ALL the other values from the TERRAIN_HILL entry.

That will give you hills that act like mountains.

Of course you could simply not generate mountains, but ...

Tom P.

Comment

I think he wants mountains that act like hills, not the other way around.
              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

I know that, but the first thing we have to determine is if the TERRAIN_PEAK entries are reffered to by the game engine.

Currently the setting I use to demarkate a Mountain is PlotType = 0, not TERRAIN_PEAK.

There is currently a question (at least in my mind) which entry has precidence - PlotType or TERRAIN_PEAK. This needs to be cleared up before we can talk about how to make usable mountains.

Now, if I would ever remember to run a couple tests at home (instead of playing CIV) we'd be much farther ahead.

Tom P.

Comment

Well i wanted them to be worked by workers and that you can place city-peoples on them to work there and gain their city ressources as from any other tile.
                  Austria would be a very poor land with all the Alpes if they won't be able to get some stones, gems, gold, silver, wood, money through tourism and so on ... from them.
                  They also have big forest-companies, planting and cutting trees ...

Any idea how to realize that?
                  Moutains with moutain grafic as usual but when you move your mouse on them there isn't written "impassable" anymore.
                  Just the same usage as hills:
                  You can pass with all units without changing something in the Unitinfos. You can build improvements, and cities gain ressources and production, money, (or even food) from it

Best would be if the hero who can solve this, post this file here. That would be very cool. Wink at MMC and Tom Padillah

Please everyone: Post here if you find that it'd be cool or are Flash and i the only ones???

*it would be good if it is warlords compartible*

Thx 4 all
                  Last edited by Thror78; August 21, 2006, 07:14.

Comment

This would be it: If it wouldn't be build with the worldbuilder ;-/
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello All,
                      I just thought of something, How can we keep the AI from trying to settle on a mountain square? I wonder if that is why Firaxis made peaks unuseable.
                      Flash
                      Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
                      the Moderator of the World Creators

Comment

Another thought,

Can I take the terrain graphics for hills from the Blue Marble project and use them as an inbetween sized terrain betwwen hills and peaks?
                        Flash
                        Ἐí ἀñ÷ῇ ἦí ὁ ëüãïò, êáὶ ὁ ëüãïò ἦí ðñὸò ôὸí èåüí, êáὶ èåὸò ἦí ὁ ëüãïò.
                        the Moderator of the World Creators

Comment

If the impassable option is enabled you can make everything with XML:

- per XML you make Peaks impassable again (in Civ4Terraininfos):
                          {bImpassable}0{/bImpassable} to
                          {bImpassable}1{/bImpassable}
                          - after that you go through all units and whenever a unit shall be able to move on impassable terrain you change (in Civ4UnitInfos):
                          {bCanMoveImpassable}0{/bCanMoveImpassable} to
                          {bCanMoveImpassable}1{/bCanMoveImpassable}
                          (@Flash: For example all mechanical units and settlers! So one can't build cities on moutains)

All { and } are standing for equivalent XML open and close TAGS.

But first you need that stupid mountains act as normal terrain.

That would be all IMO.
                          Last edited by Thror78; August 21, 2006, 09:37.

Comment

Working...
                          X