Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Increase city radius & Min distance between cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase city radius & Min distance between cities?

I imagine it must be pretty simple to make these two modifications:

Increase citiy's work radius by 1 tile (so workers can be assigned to resources as far as 3 tiles from city opposed to default 2 - the interface doesn't need a change since it already shows a radius up to 3 tiles)

and

Increase minimum tile distance between cities, so that you can't have two cities too close with new work radius

Know off-hand where to make these changes?

I know I've seen a mod where the city's work radius is 1 tile extra as you describe here. Can't rembember what the name was though, but you should find it in this forum.

Comment

Re: Increase city radius & Min distance between cities?

Originally posted by TheDarkside
      I imagine it must be pretty simple to make these two modifications:

Increase citiy's work radius by 1 tile (so workers can be assigned to resources as far as 3 tiles from city opposed to default 2 - the interface doesn't need a change since it already shows a radius up to 3 tiles)

and

Increase minimum tile distance between cities, so that you can't have two cities too close with new work radius

Know off-hand where to make these changes?
      I'm not sure about the city radius thing, but the minimum distance can be found in GlobalDefines.xml. It's as simple as increasing the number from 2.

Comment

Has anybody been working on porting the mod for this to Warlords? I liked having the 3-tile city radius for One City Challenge games.
        Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

I'm not sure how to make the changes. However, a few months ago, I did see a thread about a mod that does increase city radii to three squares. It can be found here.
          Known in most other places as Anon Zytose.
          +3 Research, +2 Efficiency, -1 Growth, -2 Industry, -2 Support.
          http://anonzytose.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TimeTraveler
            I'm not sure how to make the changes. However, a few months ago, I did see a thread about a mod that does increase city radii to three squares. It can be found here.
            It's very easy. Just open GlobalDefines.xml with Notepad and look for the line that deals with minimum distance. IIRC, it's down towards the bottom somewhere. Then change the number from 2 to whatever you like.

Comment

Wouldn't that simply increase the minimum separation between cities, and not the resource-collection radius?
              Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ijuin
                Wouldn't that simply increase the minimum separation between cities, and not the resource-collection radius?
                Yes, that was the second question he was asking. I don't think it's possible to expand the city radius, at least not without using the SDK.

Comment

Working...
                X