increase research time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• increase research time

Is there an easy way to alter what it takes to research a tech? I'd like to make them take a very long time and yet not change the length of time it takes to build anything else.

Look in the XML files for the CIV4TechInfos.xml file, and change the line for each one.

You can open the .xml files in Notepad, or you can use the Scintilla Text Editor (SciTE) in the toolkit in my sig if you like pretty colours that tell you what each bit of code is for (plus other features - such as line numbering).

Oh and don't forget to make any changes to a copy of the file in the /mods/#your_mod#/assets/ directory, not the normal assets directory.
    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Go to that file if you want to alter individual techs. If you want to for instance make all techs take 1.2x as long, then go to XML, GameInfo, GameSpeedInfo. It's fairly self-explainatory once you get there.

Comment

Or see what I changed here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=155826
        "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Working...
        X