Simple Scenario Making Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Scenario Making Guide

I've been unable to find a simple step by step guide on how to make a simple scenario.
    The Wiki is great at describing how to do details but I don't get how to make it all come together as a scenario/mod

Is there a resource on how to make a scenario from scratch somewhere that I've missed?

I used to make scenarios for civ 2 back in the day (never liked civ 3 so I didn't get into that) and would love to try my hand at making some for civ 4 as well...
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Basically you make a directory in the /mods/ folder with the name of your mod. Then you put your changed files in there in the same structure as in the assests folder (look at other mods to see what I mean).

You can then run the game and it will pick it up when you goto 'Main Menu -> Advanced -> Load a Mod'. It will even auto create the .ini file for you, which you can later edit to fine-tune the details (such as the desciption of the mod that appears in-game).
    Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Working...
    X