need help with tweaking combat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with tweaking combat

i was thinking of implementing a more warsim-like combat model.

however, i'm not really that knowledgeable about the way the game data is stored in the .xml files. i tried looking through the mod wiki but it's still pretty bare bones regarding .xml editing.

anyway, the first change i want to implement is making units withdraw from combat more readily i.e. more often than not, units won't fight til they're burger. related to this is making the attacking unit break off an attack if they're losing badly.

sorry if i'm bein a total newb but could someone point me in the right direction?

also, i'm thinking of implementing a combat model along the lines of norm kroger's operational art of war series. will the game engine be capable of modelling the effect of (1) supply lines and (2) units being at a disadvantage when fighting surrounded?

thanks for the help!

Here's a revamped combat model. Might not be what you're looking for though.

Dale

Comment

got that, tryin it out.

figured out how the data is stored in the xml files. changed the unit withdrawal percentage. testing to see how it works.

is there a way to make an attacking unit break off the attack if it gets badly damaged? they always seem to attack until they're detroyed.

Comment

ok, fixed that.

hmm, is there a way to give a unit penalties when surrounded on several sides by hostile units?

can this be done by tweaking tge xml files or do i have to learn python?

Comment

Working...
        X