Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking a Blank Earth Map ...

Everyone:

I recently purchased a copy of Civ IV for the Macintosh and, like I did with Civ II, want to modify the maps to make them better. In this case, Earth.

The Earth maps that shipped with Civ IV didn't overly impress me, so I'm hoping some kind soul out there has a "blank" map (or can direct me toward one) I can work with. The larger the map, the better! The Civ IV Earth maps are rather small, even ones supposedly built "large." It's sad when four to six cities are enough to fill up all of North America. Heck, on a Civ II "Large Earth" map, four to six cities would fill maybe the eastern seaboard of the United States in North America.

Anyway, any help you can provide would be most appreciated!

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

For the world map, the Huge one, it takes like 20 cities to fill up the useable land in North America.

I also agree, the maps are a little small, I wish they had optimized it better for huge maps, I started with Civ 3 but I remember having like 50 cities and I wasn't the biggest civilization, the maps were MUCH bigger.

However I have seen other World Maps, most are smaller then the one that ships with the game how ver some are bigger. Search around in this forum, you'll probabally find something.

Comment

Hmm. The map I'm currently playing on Civ IV was labeled along the lines of "Earth18Civ." I'm pretty sure it's a "huge" map — it'd have to be, because it's the only way to get that many civs — but I'll double check it later to be safe.

Twenty cities, you say? Wow. I went into WorldBuilder mode and, with the entire map exposed, it sure as heck doesn't look like North America could support 20 cities. I'll look again, though, since I'm new to this incarnation of Civ and likely missed something (for example, my first foray into WB left me, well, just a wee bit confused).

Gatekeeper
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
        Hmm. The map I'm currently playing on Civ IV was labeled along the lines of "Earth18Civ." I'm pretty sure it's a "huge" map — it'd have to be, because it's the only way to get that many civs — but I'll double check it later to be safe.

Twenty cities, you say? Wow. I went into WorldBuilder mode and, with the entire map exposed, it sure as heck doesn't look like North America could support 20 cities. I'll look again, though, since I'm new to this incarnation of Civ and likely missed something (for example, my first foray into WB left me, well, just a wee bit confused).

Gatekeeper
        By North America, I am including Mexico and those islands. Also some of these won't be huge cities. But I am fairly confident that you could fit 20 cities, or close to that many, in North America.

Comment

Most of the time I just put a city on one of the islands and name it "Cuba." Then I let it die.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwertqwert
            By North America, I am including Mexico and those islands. Also some of these won't be huge cities. But I am fairly confident that you could fit 20 cities, or close to that many, in North America.
            Ah, now that makes a bit of a difference!

Gatekeeper

Comment

You don't have anything against Cuba, do you, Prussia? Back OT, do you have any idea where a good, gigantic Earth map can be found?

Gatekeeper

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper

Ah, now that makes a bit of a difference!

Gatekeeper
                Well not each of the islands, just 1 on cuba and another on the otherside of the Carribbean.

Comment

Working...
                X