Custom Flags/decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Flags/decals

Alright, inspired by Trip's little American Revolution scenario, I made some custom flags for a scenario. Trouble is... even after digging through the XML files and the python files in his scenario, I can't find for the life of me where he's put in a command that selects those new flag files for his scenario.

I tried replicating the directory structure instead and following the naming convention, but that had no effect. I figure I need to write to the SDK, an XML, or python somewhere telling it the file to look at, but I sure can't find it.

Perhaps there's another step in here I'm missing?
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Try Modiki, they may have the steps you missed in there. Or you could post, and we will try to help(I've only done this twice)
    "Dumb people are always blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are."
    Check out my Blog!

Comment

you need to edit the CIV4ArtDefines_Civilization.xml which you will find in ...\XML\Art.

in this file are 3 important lines (well, 3 of 4...)
      (Button),Art/Interface/Buttons/Civilizations/America.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civics_Civilizations_Religions_Atlas.dds,1,5(/Button)
      (Path)Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_Star.dds(/Path)
      (bWhiteFlag)0(/bWhiteFlag)

the first is for the button, the second for the flag and finale the 3rd.
      the 3rd: if you use a flag without civ-colors (thou without an alphachannel) this value has to be set to 1 and the alphachannel of the dds has to be black!
      if you use a normal civ-colored flag (with alphachannel-use) this value should remain 0.

hope i could help you

nearly forgot: if you use buttons, then you can just delete the commas and the second part of the tag, so it will look like this: (Button)Art/Interface/Buttons/Civilizations/America.dds(/Button)

note: >, < replaced with ), (
      "If 'The Flinstones' has taught us anything about history, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement." - Homer J. Simpson

Visit 0d1n3oo3Broad's Fantastic Creation Corner on Civfanatics

Comment

Thanks. I'll try that. I found lines in the XML referring to ART_DEFINE or something like that before, but I didn't find the references to the actual dds files. I have to pour back over that XML file to find them.
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
        X